LoN vs darkling covens

Dracothjay

I have a game next Monday against DC and choosing legion of night. It’s 1.5k and I have a good idea of what he might bring. Will be probably 1-2 units of 30 executioners, 2-3 sorcerers and rest on darkshards and bleakswords. He might ally some bolt throwers in or switch some executioners to bleakswords. Here’s my list:

VAMPIRE LORD ON ZOMBIE DRAGON - general - terrifying visage - shard of night - amethystine pinions

NECROMANCER - overhwhelming dread

NECROMANCER - fading vigour

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

40 skeletons - spear and shield

2 morghast harbingers - spirit swords (ambush)

2 morghast harbingers - spirit swords (ambush)

So I know I will be outnumbered by a vast amount. His shooting isn’t exactly lethal, but in high volumes it can pose a serious threat.

So, I am keeping all morghast in ambush until my necromancers have reduced the executioners with OD and FV, which will greatly increase my chance of surviving against them. Once they have OD and FV, I will ambush my morghast in and also charge with my VLoZD (using AP to my advantage for extra 5” of movement)

on the other flank I will have my skeletons (still within my half of the board to benefit from the bait) along with necromancers and maybe the dogs. Depending on the battle plan ofcourse. 

As my morghast are equipped to deal damage against hordes, I’m wondering if it’s better to make them a strong unit of 4? Would maximise damage, but would also limit my flexibility and restrict myself to the “eggs in one basket” dilemma.

what are your thoughts?

6 hours ago, WillofNagash said:

would say to keep it as is. It far better to be able to target 2 things with your harbingers. And you don’t even have to use them on the same turn, could wait and do it later.

I worry that it’s just too weak of a list, but I suppose a strong charge phase from VL and both morghast in a target unit could make an impact?

also, I could drop the VLoZD for a VL and fill up on spirit host or other things that can hold their own?

The

1 hour ago, Dracothjay said:

I worry that it’s just too weak of a list,

Always the same... I bounced off 2x2 morghast of some 30 fyreslayers once, attacked with one group, he piled in and wrecked the other.

I personally never played against DC but if he is bringing big regiments, you might want to have one big hammer. If he has highly important heros (like FEC has) you might want to split them up for hero-hunting...

Archived