Bloab

Arkiham

ive recently taken another look at this guy, after initially casting him off as mediocre.

How much was i wrong!

his spell is cast on a 6, so below average, the range is kinda small but manageable, and at the end of each phase until your next hero phase, if the target suffers a wound or mortal wound. roll a d6 on a 2+ they suffer d3 mortal wounds,  if you use the everchosen battalion "plague touched" you have the potential to harm the enemy on a wound roll of a 6 ( on units that have a multiple of 7 ) 

How often can this happen? well, if done right alot!

• hero phase ( spell cast ) cast another spell which does mortal wounds 1d3
  • shooting phase ( bloab or other units ) 2d3
  • movement phase ( gorebeast chariot or something ) 3d3
  • combat phase ( everything pretty much) 4d3
  • battleshock phase.
  • opponents turn.
  • hero phase (potential to cause wounds from taking damage ) 5d3
  • movement phase ( again potential to cause wounds ) 6d3
  • shooting phase ( as above ) 7d3
  • combat phase ( good chance to cause wounds ) 8d3 
  • battleshock phase (as mentioned in previously ) 

this is potentially 8d3 mortal wounds. off of a 6! you'll likely fail 1 maybe 2 but there's a good chance you'll annihilate the unit if they continue to take part in the game until your hero phase, or at least seriously hurt them,  his profile is pretty solid also for a wizard. 

take into account his passive ability to reduce the enemies to hit by 1 on a 4+ gives you potentially -2 to hit on enemy rolls to hit on your units if using this battalion 

i'm fairly certain this guy will now be a regular addition to all my nurgle armies. 

I used him for the first time today - the spell was great and helped kill off a Bloodthirster in one round (Virulent discharge from blight kings, two maggoth lords shooting attacks, and then Blight king combat finished him off)

Not too shabby in combat if needed, either!

Archived