120 points.....

Dracothjay

Black Knights are faster and easier to heal.

Spirit Hosts are much more durable, and average 1 mortal wound each with their base attacks.

Honestly, I would pick spirit hosts. Black Knights are still pretty poor imo, with other units that do their job better (I would rather take 10 Dire Wolves to fill the same role of a fast moving easy to heal unit, for example).

2 units of 5 diré wolves are so good to take objectives, fast and sacrificable xd.

Spirit host are good for one unit of 3, but depend of the rend and mortal wound count of your army. Black nights are so punchy for units with 5+ armour, spirit host are so tanky and punchy for monsters with 3+ save or rend units with 3+ save.

Depends on what you have in the rest of the army, both are great options for certain situations.

Black Knights are a great fast moving support type unit that brings the -1 bravery aura to places that is often hard for infantry.  

Spirit Hosts are among the most pts efficient fighters in the game, statistically, however, they are the most punished unit in the game from any -1 to hit penalty. (over 75% reduction in combat effectiveness). They are also significantly harder to kill, though are also harder to resurrect. 

Yeah, it’s a tough call as both are cheap and fit different roles. 

Personally, I lean towards spirit host as they aren’t as easily killed and have potential in the mortal wound department. I’ve seen 6 take down gordrakk before and they are so underrated.

black knights are now totally more viable and can act as a nice little punchy unit on the charge and are also super fast.  As stated above, they are also easier to bring back than spirit host, but die very easily. 

Coin toss!? Lol.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

would ask you what role you need to fill / what else is in your list?

It’s a 1K game tonight. I bring grand host of nagash:

Vampire lord flying horror - general - lord off nagashizaar - vile transference 

necromancer - grave sand timeglass - overwhelming dread

10 dire wolves

40 skeletons - spears and shield

2 morghast harbingers - spirit halberds

3 spirit host

Archived