Allegiance Question

Hello I am relatively new to list building in AoS and I have a question. It seems many factions of whom I can select as my Allegiance do not seem to have any Allegiance abilities that I can find. For example, I like the Phoenix Temple and in the builder I can make them my Allegiance yet I do not see any abilities. Is there literally no benefit to doing this over the generic Order Allegiance other than to get the Phoenix Guard as a battleline unit? Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

Phoenix Temple don't have an allegiance ability.

When it says 'Battleline if...', this doesn't necessarily mean that the army has abilities. You could have phoenix guard as battleline, and use the generic order traits

Is that explained anywhere? My local group has interpreted it differently since the Generals Handbook says that you can only have one allegiance so if you choose the phoenix temple allegiance to get the battleline benefit you cannot also have the order allegiance to get their abilities. I've read through the GeneralsHandbook and the faqs and have not found anything stating you can use the grand alliance allegiance abilities while also counting as another allegiance.

6 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Is that explained anywhere? My local group has interpreted it differently since the Generals Handbook says that you can only have one allegiance so if you choose the phoenix temple allegiance to get the battleline benefit you cannot also have the order allegiance to get their abilities. I've read through the GeneralsHandbook and the faqs and have not found anything stating you can use the grand alliance allegiance abilities while also counting as another allegiance.

GHB17, page 77, last paragraph.

"You must also record the allegiance abilities for your army. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to. For example, an army with the Stormcast Eternals allegiance could either use the Stormcast Eternals allegiance abilities or the Order allegiance abilities."

Archived