Daughters of Khaine Test Model

A few thoughts 

1) I don't think the paint on primer (I recall you saying it was so in another thread) is doing you any favours. It's given you a very uneven base colour and covering to work with.  I think its making your further painting a bit more of a challenge.

2) Seeing it from this angle, right now, the red areas you've painted look messy. Sometimes less is more and I think right now you've got so much red on the model that its looking more like it fell in the paint than a detail on the model. I think you need to work with having some very distinct shades of red so that they stand out very clearly next to each other if you are going to keep the very red appeal. Even shifting perhaps to a more pinky or purple or brown red for some areas so that you get some contrast going on. 

3) Some of the red effect might clean up as you add more details to the model to help break it up more so. 

4) It's hard to tell, and I'm no expert, but your paint looks rather thick on the model. Are you watering it down and doing thin layers? 

Archived