Starting Kharadron

ManyGremlins

Hi Gremlin, I myself have started KO and I guess my question is what is your budget like? As a Start Collection, the KO box isn't bad but you cant play the infantry in that box because there is no Battleline unit (Your mandatory unit). KO Battleline at the moment is only the Arkanaut Company and they are only available individually and in the Battleforce Sky-Fleet set which is what I would probably recommend:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Battleforce-kharadron-Overlords-Skyfleet-2017

The Skyfleet has 1 Hero, 2 Boats and 2 infantry unit, 1 of which is your Battleline in the form of Arkanaut Company. Pick this up and 1 more box of Company and you already have the core of the collection to build from. After that, read up on the Battletome and figure out which direction you want to take in terms of your troop choices. Right now, Endrinriggers (available in Skyfleet box) and the Aether-Khemist are the competitive hot choices but again, its up to you where you want to take your collection. Thunderers were once the troop option of choice but have fallen out of favor recently. You can drop into the Let's Chat: Kharadron Overlords thread to look up discussions on list-building and troop choices.

There is a Battalion warscroll in the Start Collecting KO so you can field all the units in this box to play on their own.

However the Battleforce is much more interesting in terms of game and value ( I myself have bought a Battleforce of KO to start my army). 

Arkanaut company is always a good choice (battleline + good unit). 

Archived