Themed Armies

On 03/03/2018 at 4:19 PM, Shadowspite said:

I'm building a small force of desert-themed black-skinned Wanderers who are basically a cross between Tiste Andii (from Steven Erikson's Malazan books) and Fremen (from Dune). Their exile from the realm of a goddess who turned her back on them is pure Tiste Andii, while the theme of restoring life to the wasteland is pure Fremen. Both fit perfectly with the background of the Wanderers in AoS.

My Sisters of the Thorn ride antelopes, which are just the regular deer models with the antlers replaced with the curved and ridged horns from spare Chaos Space Marine helmets.

Most of the army isn't painted yet, hence no pictures.

A bit late, but something like this would have been cool...

latest?cb=20150505015840

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some amazing concepts n models posted in this thread! 

My army is called The Order of Ruination. The army is led by the Seven Lords of Ruination which includes Lord Sepsis (LOA) and his 6 Blightlord comrades. Ku’gath himself adores the seven and their legion of Blightkings. He is often seen amoungst their ranks, swelling it further with hordes of plaguebearers and drones. 

I have a Bretonnian Themed death army and I'm currently building an Egyptian themed Tzeentch army. 

My death army is baased around the idea that a Bretonnian damsel was sired by Neferata and then corrupted her sister, also a damsel, into necromancy. together they raised an army of Bretonnian undead. They employ the use of a mournghul that takes the form of the Lady of the Lake.

My Tzeentch will be based on egyptian Gods. Gaunt Summoner Isis, Lord of Change Horus, Changling Thoth and a Tzaangor Shaman based on Khum.

I recently made a video about theming armies. You can find it here:

IMG_20171014_155401500.jpg

IMG_20170726_164230198_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170826_164602343~2.jpg

Archived