Starting out questions

Grizham

Hey guys,

I am a player that’s returning from a long hiatus (you know getting married and having a bunch of kids) and I am looking into getting back into playing and the hobby.

I am catching up on lore, but I am looking for a place to start with an army. So far I’ve decided I want to have an order army (I played green skins back in the day) and have a few questions

1. For coming back and being rusty what’s a good army to start with? I have been looking at Kharadon and Stormcast, but I’m open to suggestions

2. Is there a box you’d recommend when it comes to starting out that lets you get in and play while you’re collecting?

3. Any useful tips or lists you’d suggest for reading beyond the let’s chat threads in the forums.

thanks all!

first of all Welcome, or welcome back rather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all Age of Sigmar is a game where you can play competitively but you can also enjoy a lot just playing it and I think more than the old WHFB (and this comes from some one who didn t want to get into AOS when it first got released because I loved WHFB) is a very immersive game fluff wise. You can really really enjoy the narrative part and having a great time with the faction/s you love. Yes you will find imbalanced factions...but it wouldn't be a GW game if not, would it?!?!? :PxD

And speaking of loving a faction more than another one the biggest tip I think anyone in here could give you is PICK THE FACTION YOU LIKE. Pick the faction you feel closer to . Pick the faction you like the fluff  more of. Pick the faction the models you like better of (BTW of the 2 you highlighted I would go 100% Kharadron). Don t accept suggestion from other people regarding what you like.

As @PJetski said there are plenty of Start collecting boxes which are basically ready-to-play armies. 

Archived