FEC - 1000 points list for tournament

Glaurung

We are having a small tournament at my local GW store and I'd like to get in the action.
First tournament and first time using such a small force with FEC. Any ideas on what I should carry?
I have 90 ghouls, 6x of both flayers and horrors, the heroes and TG/ZD

I was thinking about shooty armies, how I could counter them , but using ghoul patrol or a TG is expensive as hell for my budget (1000 points).

Thank you in advance!

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: The Grand Tournament

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardry

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Infernal Courtier General)

Highly mobile flyer list with a 10model unit for objective - capturing  .
Some potential mortal wound output  from Flayers and from GKoT 
2 Casters for buffs ( Mystic Shield / Black Hunger..due to Dark Wizardy  from Crypt Infernal Courtier + the MUST HAVE unholy vitality of GKoT) and ubinds ofc.
It lacks versatility but  you can always go Delusion : "completely delusional" , lose the 2nd caster and choose your delusion depending on your needs.

Your counter vs shooting armies would prolly be the GKoT 14 ''move + the flayed pendant use  so that you can charge and hopefully destroy your oppoenents  shooting units. Having a 4+save (3+ if mystic shielded ) 5/6 ignore wounds/mortal wounds followed by a 6 ignore wounds/mortal wounds behemoth with devastating attacks is something.

There are viable  variations as well

On 3/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, Glaurung said:

I wanted to field flayers too, but I'd swap the good old Varghulf for another 3 flayers, so that I can have a strong unit that can replenish before being destroyed (3 flayers die very fast).
What do you think?

Sound tactic as well. But in that case  you should pick a different delusion to meet your needs.
( You can always go trait: "completely delusional" and change the delusion as you see fit, though i prefer the dark wizardry )

What about fielding :

Varg as general, with dark wizardry, chalice, crusading army

2 units of 10 ghouls

1 unit of 6 flayers(or 2 of 3)

TG/ZD as matchup dictates

980 pts with a decent number of bodies. The Varg can effectively buff himself whenever he casts and replinish ghouls and flayers. It’s not got a lot of finesse, but it’s a pretty fun flying blender.

Archived