1k games with friends this weekend

MagikVile

Hey guys so my friends and I are picking AoS back up this weekend with a couple friendly 1k games, we havent played since GHB17 dropped.  I dont believe we will be playing any objective based games, just straight up charge your armies in and fight until we get the hang of things again! One of the lists I am slightly worried about is a death soulblight list! My buddy is planning to run Prince Vhrodrai and two unit of Blood Knights which I imagine will be very killy and resilient list. 

With that said, I have a couple lists in mind:

Megaboss - General

Warchanter

Cave Shaman

10x Brutes

5x Brutes

3x Gore Gruntas

or

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha - General

Warchanter

Cave Shaman

5x Brutes

5x Brutes

Any advice on which list or maybe something different? Also which artefacts/ command traits should I be looking to use? thanks for the help guys, going to be fun getting back in after a long break!

From the 2 you listed I would run the second. Give the Maw-Krusha Ironclad (ignore rend 1) command trait and either Metalrippa's Klaw (rend) or Destroyer (damange) artefact. The Maw-Krusha should be super tanky (keep casting mystic shield on him) and killy.

I think this is probably one of the "best" 1k IJ lists

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Ironclad
- Artefact : Metalrippa's Klaw
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- Allies
Units
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
4 x Ironskull's Boyz (80)
Total: 980 / 1000

On a 4x4 table the MK will cover the ground really fast. Warchanter to get him hitting on 2s, wizard to give him a 2+ save ignoring (/ reducing) rend. Also the 2x 3 Gruntas for added mobility and board control makes up for not being able to fit in the batallion. Ironskullz Boyz for that one cheap unit to sit on a home objective rather than wasting another 100 points on Ardboyz to do the same and a Triumph to round it all off.

20 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

On a 4x4 table the MK will cover the ground really fast. Warchanter to get him hitting on 2s, wizard to give him a 2+ save ignoring (/ reducing) rend. Also the 2x 3 Gruntas for added mobility and board control makes up for not being able to fit in the batallion. Ironskullz Boyz for that one cheap unit to sit on a home objective rather than wasting another 100 points on Ardboyz to do the same and a Triumph to round it all off.

Couldn't have put it better myself :D

Archived