Hello from Manchester (UK)

MattWack

Hi there, I'm based up in Manchester and just getting started with AoS. Learning the rules and gaming at my local GW with a Destruction army - keen to get more involved in the community and possibly enter a tournament or two in the future. 

On 7/6/2016 at 9:26 PM, MattWack said:

Hey! 

It did used to be, but I'm now south Manchester so it's Altrincham more often than not. 

Are you local? If so, do you know of any friendly gaming clubs, groups or communities? 

I have a friend who lives around there. He said the Altrincham GW is great. Quieter, more chilled. The one in Manchester city centre is carnage.

There's a group of us that gets together every 4-6 weeks and plays a weekend of AoS.

For stores, there's also Element Games down in Stockport that has recently completely refurbished its gaming room (looks massive).

I don't game at stores. Haven't done since I was 16. Might break that eventually if I can find the right place.

You played AoS at the Altrincham store? What's the atmosphere like there?

2 hours ago, Shane said:

I have a friend who lives around there. He said the Altrincham GW is great. Quieter, more chilled. The one in Manchester city centre is carnage.

There's a group of us that gets together every 4-6 weeks and plays a weekend of AoS.

For stores, there's also Element Games down in Stockport that has recently completely refurbished its gaming room (looks massive).

I don't game at stores. Haven't done since I was 16. Might break that eventually if I can find the right place.

You played AoS at the Altrincham store? What's the atmosphere like there?

That's exactly my experience, Manchester was at times chaotic and I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere in Altrincham.

That sounds good, I'm trying to play more regularly - whether that's in store or elsewhere - with the anticipation of going to an event later this year. Thanks for the heads up on alternative stores too. Altrincham GW is good, the only problem I have is the times to game - for me it's either Thursday evening for an hour or so, or weekends.

AoS has been flavour of the month lately, lots of interest and a variety of armies too. There's been a campaign running for a number of weeks, which is ad hoc and without too much commitment, then there's the Global Campaign I believe kick-starts on 14th July so most people are hastily working on AoS armies ahead of that. The atmosphere is good and from my experience the gaming has been people purely having a good time, without such a competitive edge! Pop down sometime!

Archived