Sazzkret's vanguard, Clan Skryre Skaven

Epicmay

Hey everyone, recently i'm working on a 2000 points list of skaven skryre, so since it's about a lot of gunny, crazy models, i thought it would've been good to get some feedback about the project! 

Tonight i finished building up and painting an old Warplightning Cannon i had already finished; but since i'm not too fond of the weird triangular "structure" they based the whole model around, i just turned some bits around, so that it would look more like this..

It still needs the whole crew, and it has to be based.

Anyways, i'd love to hear what you think of it, and since i'll have to re-base a lot of models, i'll probably be uploading quite some pics through these days, but the real wip and paint fun should be a bit ahead, like two or three weeks from now.

Hope you like this first conversion anyways!

I add that i've just completely made up the name, like right now, and i don't have any idea about the background, so, i'll be trying to write something down asap

1517789728069909683921.jpg

15177897783641956896825.jpg

1517789866030111950117.jpg

Weight aside, there's also the overall shape/siluette to consider. It is -very- front loaded right now, with a lot of 'empty' space at it's rear.A rat ogre will sort some of that out, but I think it would do you good you good to add some more machine/structure components as well. Anything from some support beams to additional generator pieces, wheels, cogs, and such. I don't think it needs -much- more than the ogre, but I think a few pieces will really make it pop :)

Alternatively, you can rotate the cannon part of the construction in place so that the warpstone powersource is placed right where it is now, but the cannon itself points towards the single wheel as it front instead, eliminating some of the empty space and weight distribution issues.

Well done though :D warplightning cannons have such great conversion potential, and can really be a blast to work with.

Archived