Need help with Lord of Chaos

Túrbóbelja

So I bought and painted a Lord of Chaos recently and have been fielding him in my Tzeentch aligned army.

But the question is.. when he dies and gets demoted to spawndom or rises to demonhood via slaying the opposing army general. Do I have to pay points for the change?

I've had mixed answers lately. F.x if I take the slaves to darkness allegiance I get the extra Eye of the Gods special rule which can make any chaos hero become a free spawn or a Prince, does that come on top of the Lords warscroll ability or does it overwrite it? Is the spawn/prince for the Lord then free only if I take the SLD allegiance not Tzeentch?

100 points for the Lord sounds hella cheap if'll get a 50 point spawn everytime he dies. :/

Its free. Its an ability not a summon so it doesn't cost any extra points. You get the spawn no matter what allegiance you choose as that particular ability isn't tied to an allegiance. If an ability is tied to an allegiance or not having an allegiance it is always clearly stated.

2 hours ago, edmek55555 said:

Its free. Its an ability not a summon so it doesn't cost any extra points. You get the spawn no matter what allegiance you choose as that particular ability isn't tied to an allegiance. If an ability is tied to an allegiance or not having an allegiance it is always clearly stated.

Hm ... are we talking about matched play? In case I didnt miss a FAQ the spawn will not be free. Each unit added to your Army and every time models get added to a unit that exceed starting size you pay the points. At least that is my Knowledge (based on ghb matched Play rules)

Any ability that creates or transforms a unit into another unit costs points unless the rule specifically states that it does not cost them.

The Lord of Chaos costs points to transform into a Daemon Prince or Chaos Spawn if it does so via the ability on its warscroll.

The Lord of Chaos does not cost points to transform into a Daemon Prince or Chaos Spawn if it does so via the Slaves to Darkness Allegiance ability because the ability specifically states that it does not cost points.

Interesting point: If I'm reading the rules right, there's nothing preventing you from switching out your Chaos Lord for a Daemon Prince with a different mark if you wanted. The mark is chosen when the model is set up on the board, and the Glory or Damnation ability doesn't specify that the Daemon Prince gets the same mark as the Lord.

Archived