Hi from Brisbane, Australia

BrAiKo

Hi everyone.  I've caught the GW collecting (and hopefully playing) bug recently after the release of WQ: Silver Tower (which was the one release I had said for years would be a must purchase regardless of what the rest of the company was doing).

My background: first Warhammer miniatures were the Lizardmen half of the 5th Edition starter.  My other main love was original Warhammer Quest (and I guess Hero Quest before that).  I have then been intermittently interested in the hobby in the subsequent years, picking up the Skull Pass and Island of Blood starters.  The armies I focused on after lizards were Cult of Slaanesh (Dark Elves + Slaanesh daemons), then Daemons of Chaos, then Skaven.  

Still unsure what I want to focus on in AoE but I have a decent number of choices based on already-owned minis.  Currently painting Silver Tower (so Tzeentch Arcanites + daemons would be a good option, and would love to include some Skryre in that) and rebasing a whole heap of minis onto rounds (they do look better!).

Ok, fair enough.

If you're looking for local games and you have facebook, jump into the Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Australia facebook group. We've got a few Brisbane players in there.

I'm from Toowoomba and we run AoS gaming days if you want to make the journey once a month.

Welcome to the TGA community! Be sure to share your painted models in the gallery.

There is a club I went to when I lived in Brisbane called the Queensland Gamers Guild in Enoggera. It did have large Fantasy contingent, but unsure how well AoS was received since I moved back to UK before it was released. Might be worth trying them too.

To find players and clubs in your area, check out the following post, here

6 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

Welcome to the TGA community! Be sure to share your painted models in the gallery.

There is a club I went to when I lived in Brisbane called the Queensland Gamers Guild in Enoggera. It did have large Fantasy contingent, but unsure how well AoS was received since I moved back to UK before it was released. Might be worth trying them too.

To find players and clubs in your area, check out the following post, here

A large proportion of the old 8th Community (the Mancavers, QNK and such) mostly went to 9th Age.

Hey there, 

My group of mates and I run weekly games on a Thursday night in Brisbane (Wellington Point) send me a PM if your interested in coming along for a game! None of the old 8th edition players play AOS, they all moved to 9th Age. 

Archived