Best Fyreslayer Allies

Erdemo86

Ironweld is best. Gyrocopters with Brimstone guns are good objective cappers and herohunters at 80pts a piece. Helblasters can do some good damage with the +1 to hit within half range rule, as theyre gonna be moving up with berserkers. Other than that, Fyreslayers are pretty good on their own.

I've been struggling with this exact question while writing my army list for Adepticon. In my experience the greatest strength of the Fyreslayers is the number of bodies, their resilience and damage output at short range. That being said I've looked for allies that can fill in some their weaknesses (being a lack of long range shooting, cheap units to sit on back field objectives while the rest of the army goes agro to take forward objectives, resilient heroes, and late game maneuverability (after the pop up, yes the +4 move rune helps a lot!)). Here is what I have found that best compliments them:

-Celestant Prime (tough hero, huge potential damage output, mortal wound output)

-Skywardens (high maneuverability, potential for either high shooting output or CC)

-Dwarf Warriors (cheap units to hold back field, chaff/bubble wrap, access to rend, more bodies flood that field!)

-Arkanaut Company w/ Sky Hooks (hold back field, long range shooting, -2 rend)

-Judicators (back field, long range shooting, and just the fact they are judicators)

-Prosecutors (fast, access to quality shooting, harassing unit)

Thoughts?  In my personal list I've narrowed down my favorites to company, the prime, or judicators

26 minutes ago, Linus said:

I think a unit of 6 Vanguard Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows and 3 Aetherwings would be really good to snipe heros and kill monsters. 

I tried this:

I don’t think 6 fit in 400 points of Allies.

Archived