Could Skaven be cleansed of their evil nature?

Kugane

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Ah man, I'm dusting off my Skaven book. And I now want to get assembling my IoB Skaven.

Why did I have to chime in on this thread?! 

I dig it man, and think it would be a great project. I like the idea that some Skaven chief sees how glorious the Men look in their finery with their subordinates actually listening to them, and him thinking "Yes yes, WE are superior so we can be better than the Pink Things!"

I wouldn't worry about upsetting people on the forums. It's not like you'll be playing these people. They're your plastic war dudes, you're spending your money, and it's ultimately your hobby. 

Thank you for the feedback and kind words! :) I'm currently searching for cheap shields to give to my rats :D. Almost done with my 2000 point 40k Project I started a few days ago, after that has been finalized I can finally dive into conversion work for these!

4 hours ago, Mayple said:

There's also a precedence to Skaven mimicking human society - in Under-Altdorf (in the first Thanquol book) the Skaven society was notably different to that of Skavenblight. Decadence and lavishness was the ruling trait, and their military mimicked the human formations and drilling of the society above :)

Thats really cool! I'm going to look into that.

I have decided I will start with a Skaven Assassin conversion this week to blend into my vanguard list. I'll get rid of any skaven iconography and make it Naeve's pet assassin. Naeve seems brutal enough to subdue a skaven and winning it to her side. I'll need a name for these not-really skaven. Ratmen just won't cut it. Perhaps I'll just go with another Nippon approach and just go with Nezumi as their name.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress so far, I used Thanquol as the base for my new order Skaven (counts-as assassin), I am not sure how to fit it into the story, but I will use this one together with my Nippon Necromancer (counts-as battlemage). Somehow need to find a way to have at least a small part of Nippon to exist in the Realms :). Still need to clean up the plastic a bit and going to give him a katana in his right hand. Not sure what to do with the 'chain' on his left. It'll either be another weapon, or I'll have him hold onto something, perhaps a victim's neck. I personally quite like the bottle on this model.

5a67a21d915c9_Skaven(1).jpg.f6ce3539e839bfd9087e9e493657dd51.jpg5a67a21eb02f9_Skaven(2).jpg.18f1b82aab8f2c206b65806be3e86045.jpg

597119e1d32c5_AsianTombKings(3).JPG.4dd333124c0870f35eb36c8d540643d2.JPG

Archived