How to support Plaguebearers?

Hannibal

Hi everyone,

due to the fact that Plaguebearers are really nice looking models and that they are kind of Zeroes (instead of heroes) I own quite some boxes of them. 

Now I like to get the most out of them, meaning I'm looking for ways to support them. 

Which command abilities, traits, artifacts and spells support Plaguebearers? Anything outstanding? Anything "must have"?

thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Hi everyone,

due to the fact that Plaguebearers are really nice looking models and that they are kind of Zeroes (instead of heroes) I own quite some boxes of them. 

Now I like to get the most out of them, meaning I'm looking for ways to support them. 

Which command abilities, traits, artifacts and spells support Plaguebearers? Anything outstanding? Anything "must have"?

thanks in advance

As a Slaanesh and Skaven player, i'm very jaleous of the reselience of your Battleline. So not as a practitioner but somebody who is looking at the greener grass (although very slimy) on the other side I would say:

Play to their strength, make them as resilient as possible. Only take the amount you need to hold objectives, and fin the heroes that support this tactic. 

Glotkin is just so good for huge blobs of plaguebearers. His spell makes a unit of 30 absolutely  impenetrable. He also effecgitely doubles their offensive output (if general). 

Having a unit of bile trolls within shooting range but outside 3"  from the enemy can be an effective stragety as well. They have high rend and decent damage. 

While the battalion literally doubled in price, the Tallyband battalion is quite nice at regenerating already hard to kill models. This ties into using plague drones (ideally with a prince to activate the locus) as fast moving damage dealers that will hold a position against most units.. even killy ones. 

Archived