death rattle battalion question

Jgregs

Can I use the "legion of death " death rattle battalion if I'm running just a generic death list?

so for example is this list legal?

Vamp lord on zombie dragon - 440 points - general

legion of death battalion - 110 points

white king - 120

5 black knights - 120

40 skellies - 280

10 skellies - 80

10 skellies - 80

15 grave guard - 240

TOTAL : 1470

Also, since you only have vampires and skeletons in that list you could make use of the Wraith Fleet rules in addition to GA: Death.

As for the battalion, I think its pretty solid. Turns your slow a dirt skeletons (move 4") into quite the speedy little buggers. Also from what I understand, ALWAYS go banner on Wight King.

9 minutes ago, Jgregs said:

how exactly do the wraith fleet rules work in terms of paying for them in games?

do you pay points for them like a battalion? can you only take them if you are playing a firestorm campaign?

It's free, you'd have to play deathrattle with allies, which means you can't use the VLoZD at 2000 points. So really based on your army list, you can't use wraithfleet unless you change something.

1 hour ago, Jgregs said:

how exactly do the wraith fleet rules work in terms of paying for them in games?

do you pay points for them like a battalion? can you only take them if you are playing a firestorm campaign?

The firestorm allegiance abilities can be used if you are playing a grand alliance. You get the firestorm allegiance abilities in addition to the GA allegiance abilities. Just as your GA abilities cost no points, neither do the firestorm ones. They only restrict what units you can have in your list. In the case of Wraith Fleet, you are limited to Soulblight, Bonerattle, Nighthaunt, and Deathmages.

1 hour ago, xspire said:

It's free, you'd have to play deathrattle with allies, which means you can't use the VLoZD at 2000 points. So really based on your army list, you can't use wraithfleet unless you change something.

You can only use Firestorm abilities if you are playing a Grand Alliance (with some restrictions added). As such his list would be fine for it.

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

The firestorm allegiance abilities can be used if you are playing a grand alliance. You get the firestorm allegiance abilities in addition to the GA allegiance abilities. Just as your GA abilities cost no points, neither do the firestorm ones. They only restrict what units you can have in your list. In the case of Wraith Fleet, you are limited to Soulblight, Bonerattle, Nighthaunt, and Deathmages.

You can only use Firestorm abilities if you are playing a Grand Alliance (with some restrictions added). As such his list would be fine for it.

As I've had it explained to me by GW staff - you still have to build a GH2017 legal list, e.g using deathrattle / soulbight / nighthaunt / deathmages allegiance first (as only these units can be Wraithfleet), then as the game starts you declare you're using GA:D traits with Wraithfleet as opposed to e.g soulblight. That's what I was told, and that's what the FAQ reads like. Would be good to get a proper straight answer from GW twitter / facebook about this because there is still a lot of confusion (even among their own).

38 minutes ago, xspire said:

As I've had it explained to me by GW staff - you still have to build a GH2017 legal list, e.g using deathrattle / soulbight / nighthaunt / deathmages allegiance first (as only these units can be Wraithfleet), then as the game starts you declare you're using GA:D traits with Wraithfleet as opposed to e.g soulblight. That's what I was told, and that's what the FAQ reads like. Would be good to get a proper straight answer from GW twitter / facebook about this because there is still a lot of confusion (even among their own).

Actually, the FAQ says the opposite:

ERRATA Page 55 – Season of War: Firestorm City & Warlord Armies Change the third and fourth paragraphs to: ‘When you organise your collection to be an army from a specific city or under the command of a specific warlord, and you choose to use the Grand Alliance allegiance abilities instead of any others available to your army, it benefits from an additional City & Warlord allegiance ability; these can be found on the following pages. This does not change the army’s Grand Alliance allegiance, and you can still use the battle traits, command traits and artefacts of power for the Grand Alliance normally. You cannot use the City & Warlord allegiance abilities with any other allegiance abilities apart from Grand Alliance ones.
For example, if you had an army made up entirely of Stormcast Eternals and you chose to use the Order allegiance abilities instead of the Stormcast Eternals ones, you could also use the Anvilgard allegiance abilities on page 60. If you later added Free Peoples to your army, both they and the Stormcast Eternals would be able to use the Order and Anvilgard allegiance abilities.’

Archived