Nubgan

Hello guys,

I'm Aaron, a Technical Author from Leicester, I have been lurking round here for about a week now but thought I would start getting involved a bit, as this looks like a fantastic and active community to be in!

Been a long time Warhammer Fantasy player, with fond memories of the first Lizardman army I brought off a friend back in the day for £5, can't remember the edition, but back then the Slaan were beasts with 8 attacks and 8 wounds (what a hero!). Back in the beginning also I remember spending many a weekend round a friends house, with a group of us playing Warhammer Quest, I was always the machine gunning Elf with the Bow of Loren :D

When I left school I went into the British Army, and there was a few years where I would occasionally buy White Dwarf magazine for long journeys, but towards the end of my Army career I started buying the models again and I broke into 40k with Necrons and started myself a Dwarf Army in what I think was still 6th Editon.

Since then I have been buying models frantically for about 8 years again now, I have a sizeable Necron force, about 2500pts of an Iyanden themed Eldar army and about 2400pts of Blood Angels based around Death Company. My real passion still lies with Warhammer fantasy however. Harking back to the 8th edition points system I have around 5000pts of Warriors of Chaos, 4000ish pts of Chaos Daemons and an Elven alliance of Dark Elves and Wood Elves that equated to about 4500pts that I put together for and around the End Times campaign.

AoS rolled around and I sat very much on the 'this is awesome bench', the game became simple for my more casual friends to understand, so we didn't spend ages with me explaining rules to them, and it became a very fun game to do in a more casual way between me and my friends. But I definately crave a little more of a competetive environment and I am looking forward massively to the generals handbook in the next couple of weeks, and certainly have a little bit of a nerdgasm over the new Sylvaneth models that are coming out to add to my current Elf roster that I have mostly been using since AoS hit.

Looking forward to joining in on all the gossip and fun, looking to maybe attend my first ever tornament possibly soon, and I look forward to potentially finding some new gaming buddies in and around the Leicester area. Feel free to let me know if there are any gaming clubs in the East Midlands area, or whether people are up for games potentially too (been as Warhammer World is like 30 minutes from where I am), and I will get and post some pictures of everyones favourite hobby/past time/drug soon!

Aaron / Nubgan

Archived