Game 4 new BoK Army v Brayherds

Greetings from the Warp

Fresh from an unexpected win v Slyvaneth the week before, I played a mates lovely and super themed all Brayherds army..

The armies gorgeous and is mental! Literally 130+ horde army, chariots and monsters too!!? We played Duality of Death, and I used a slightly tweaked list from last week!!

I went into this game not knowing what to expect, as the player has loads of experience and events under his belt! First off lol, wow Beats move fast!!!! Them running and charging caught me off guard, and the whole outflank thing too!?! Chariots coming on from my board edge errrmmm??

I did my normal deployment, with BT's in the middle, 2 blocks of Bloodletters central and Blood Warriors on my flanks and the Blood Reavers protecting my characters and rear..

I went first has only had 6 drops, and then he went first on T2 and T3.. 

-Bloodletters were fantastic again, and just tore through anything they touched wowsers

-The Slaughterpriests were great with Killing Frenzy bugging either the BT's or Bloodletters, and the 30" portal is so powerful

-Bloodthirsters again were savage, and whilst lost the IRBT between them they were huge threats 

Turn 4 he called it as by then he had no characters left, and only a few models left.. I had only lost about 25 Bloodletters  in total, few Blood Warriors, the IRBT.

The synergy in a Blades army is insane, when it all comes together and all the buffs stack and support each other wow, it's pretty mindblowing ?

Learnt loads more about the game and the army.. loving it?

Next up is Seraphons and teleporting Bastilldons and lasers ?

IMG_4760.PNG

IMG_4761.PNG

This is relevant to my interests. Did you take any pictures of the battle? Would love to see them, if so. Also interested in seeing the Brayherd army list, as I'm starting my own Brayherd army soon and have only a vague idea of what a full army should look like...

1 hour ago, Swooper said:

This is relevant to my interests. Did you take any pictures of the battle? Would love to see them, if so. Also interested in seeing the Brayherd army list, as I'm starting my own Brayherd army soon and have only a vague idea of what a full army should look like...

i took this list chap

Allegiance: Brayherd
Beastlord (80)
- General
- Man-render Great Axe
- Trait: Scion of the Dark Gods 
- Artefact: Ramhorn Helm 
Great Bray Shaman (90)
Great Bray Shaman (90)
10 x Bestigors (140)
30 x Gors (210)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
30 x Gors (210)
30 x Gors (210)
30 x Ungor Raiders (100)
1 x Tuskgor Chariots (60)
Cockatrice (100)
Jabberslythe (120)
Jabberslythe (120)

Reinforcement Points (150)

Interesting. Mind if I may pick your brain a bit?

• Why only 10 Bestigors? I'd think you would want bigger blocks of them to be able to suffer some casualties and still pack a punch.
  • Why split the chariots up, rather than have them all in one unit? Are there pros/cons to both options, or should you just always be running them single?
  • What did you end up spending the reinforcement points on, and why?

7 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Interesting. Mind if I may pick your brain a bit?

• Why only 10 Bestigors? I'd think you would want bigger blocks of them to be able to suffer some casualties and still pack a punch.
  • Why split the chariots up, rather than have them all in one unit? Are there pros/cons to both options, or should you just always be running them single?
  • What did you end up spending the reinforcement points on, and why?

on bestgore i think gore are better value imo i play to win objectives, beasts not a very smashie army

singles i ambush the chariots their re roll charge helps them get their 9" charges off then just annoy stuff excellent units 

nothing couldn't get call of the wild off normally cockatrice or  jabba

Archived