2k competative but stuck on modelpicks

StealthKnightSteg

So I'm looking for a build that is mostly competative in the 2k bracket, but I'm a little limited on models I have and not in the opportunity to get loads to set up a compltly different list.

(made this a seperate topic as I feel the Let's chat Stormcast is getting cluttered with all the different lists and other banter and is hard for me to follow)

This is what I came up with initially

www.warscrollbuilder.com
Steg - Allegiance: Order
Leaders
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Command Trait : Staunch Defender
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Artefact : Armor of Silvered Sigmarite
- Dracoth Trait : Keen-clawed

Lord-Castellant (100)

Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer : Lightning Chariot

Knight-Venator (120)
- Artefact : Luckstone

Units

5 x Judicators (160)
-Skybolt Bows
- 1 x Shockbolt Bows

5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers

5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers

6 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (200)
- 2 x Stormsurge Tridents

10 x Paladin Retributors (440)
- 2 x Starsoul Maces

5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 1 x Starsoul Maces

1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)
Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 0/4 Artillery: 0/4

Made the Prosecutors 6 big so my delivery unit has more change to survive an opponents first turn if he get's to circumvent my deployment (behind building preferrably)

Now I was not sure about the paladin load out.. 10 retributors in 1 or 2 units? If in 1 unit my second has to be the Decimators (wysiwig models, this is also for the 1 per 5 starsoul mace)

If done in 2 units I have the option to complement the list with 2 Tempestors, but that will be another drop and I'm not sure if the unit will be sucha good asset on it's own.

I do have some more models not mentioned here that I could also use:

Celestant Prime
Lord Celestant
Knight-Azyros x2
Knight-Vexillor
Knight-Questor

a 3rd unit of hammer/shield Liberators
3 units of sword/shield Liberators
1 unit of xbow Judicators
2x unit of Prosecutors with dual hammers

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Your list and available models is very similar to what I'm building towards. I would say I can find it quite crowded dropping 10 models of paladins, so having 15 total would be obviously be harder, but allow you to snake further with the retributors. Personally though, I'd take 2 5x Retributors, drop the Decimators and Gryph Hound and go for Fulminators who are 20 points more than Tempestors but are very punchy.

But either way, Hammerstrike is good fun, and if you have the models try and find an opportunity to try different builds against people and see what you prefer.

Thanks, I will toy around with this build and see if I can field it soon against a mate.

Last time I played a "casual game" with just some grab all units (and no battalions) and got obliterated versus a very hard Seraphon list. Seems he and me have to adjust our perception of a casual game :D

But that was the reason I'm looking for a more competative list.

Anyone else with some advice?

Archived