IronJawz Vs Shooting Meta

Naishy

I would really be interested to know what my fellow IronJawz generals do when faced with shooting heavy lists, I am not too experienced in matched play and the last few games against Kunning Ruck and I have had real difficulties in either eliminating the Big Boss or avoiding taking serious losses from the massed shooting.

The addtion of allies in GH2017 has potential, two doom divers hiding in a corner sniping might do the trick but at a cost of massive reduction in mobility with the loss of the D6 destruction move (and increased cost of an iron fist batallion).

What tools would pure IJs have against heavy shooting lists.

Hey @Naishy,

If you're specifically talking about the Kunnin' Rukk, then by far and a way our best option is to ally in some Gitmob artillery and snipe that Big Boss! Rock Lobbers and Doom Diver Catapults are the best choice here as they do not need line of sight, which stops the Bonesplitterz player being able to hide their model (which they could do from Spear Chukkas).

Perhaps not the answer you're looking for, but unfortunately it's the best one.

Chris 

Thanks Chris, it is a tough choice as past experience has found the -1 rend not quite enough agaisnt some targets but against a Savage Orruk it is not so much of a problem.

Has anyone had much experience against any Tzeentch  with massed Skyfires?

As someone standing in the other side of the battle (I regularly face Ironjawz playing my Seraphon) I really think it boils down to a few options:

- artillery may work. The thought of someone shooting the Priest of my Shadowstrike makes me uncomfortable to say the least. And some artillery can also be devastating against Skinks because of their poor range.

- own archers may work against some threats. Get some Bonesplitterz as allies, but don't forget to wrap them.
my Skinks are fun to play against Ironjawz because their movement is so good the boyz cannot catch them. Archers would just shoot the Skinks.

- be fast. Gore-Gruntas are cheaper now, and if those charge me at the same time as the Maw-Krusha attacks me I have to split my forces and cannot focus the cabbage down.
Ironfist may work as well.

Hope this helps. My Ironjawz playing friend struggles a bit against my forces right now. I wish it was a bit easier for him because that's not much fun despite me not playing the strongest lists.

Archived