Carrying case for ironjawz

Adeeb

On 11/2/2017 at 1:13 AM, Spiky Norman said:

I use the GW Crusade case, and that can handle all the smaller stuff up to bigger stuff like my Gargant, and also Gruntas just fine. I don't have a Mawkrusha, though, so I'm not sure how well that would fit.

Since I got the GW "zigzag-foam" cases, I have stopped using/buying pluck-foam, as I think the zigzag is simply better and more flexible, which means I can use the same foam for many different models. Never the less I'm always on the lookout for an even better solution, so do please provide some links, if you find some really good to solve this issue.

Any chance of an image or two of how you put everything in the crusader case? I still seem to struggle with them due to the size of the models (and pointy nature). 

5 hours ago, Timcz said:

Any chance of an image or two of how you put everything in the crusader case? I still seem to struggle with them due to the size of the models (and pointy nature). 

Here are some terrible overexposed (damn flash) shots of how they're stored now. As you can see, I've taken out some of the layers, but some of the models are so big, that I have to. The Rogue Idol itself is huge and takes up a whole double-layer section itself. The base for it is not glued on, and resides in between the two bottom sections.

Top layer - The right section only has 1 layer, but the left section use both layers.

DCxMTb8uWmqbkdHSubOzih4iAiNcnlKBneliV-if

Top layer, only so  you can see the bottom part of the left section.

E-KzWLB1HbD-snvslos5s3sPq_lGLATNYk3Yugst

Bottom layer - Both sections only use one layer here, because of the height. Especially my banner on the Warboss on warboar on the right side takes up some space height-wise, and on the left side the Idol simply takes up all the space both length and height-wise.

-xNlPC_caNtbsgqjAAwKRFMtFWFvgRnmIVyTXKSd

Basically if you don't have huge, odd-sized models, you can store tons more in the box. But that's what I've done so far. Only models that's not in there are the two grot shaman, as they're on the painting table, but as you can see, there is more than enough space for them. :-)

By the way, in all, it's 10 Brutes, 30 Savage Orruks, 3 Gruntas, Warboss on boar, Orruk Shaman, Orruk Weirdnob, Megaboss, Gargant, Rogue Idol

It's not carrying Ironjawz at the moment but I bought the Privateer press bag from Battlefoam a few years ago and decided a month or so back to pick up some of Battlefoam's new Magna racks (magnetic racks). It currently holds 1000pts of Orks for 40k and my entire blades of khorne force. All 25mm and 32mm bases have a 4mm x 2mm neodynium magnet stuck to the base and everything bigger has 2 6mm x 2mm neodynium magnet attached to the base. The trays are all 1 piece and each of the legs holding themup is detachable and I have many more legs in many different heights so I can rearrange stuff for different purposes. Once I get this lot painted I plan to make a start of getting all my warmachine stuff magnetised as it's currently in foam.

Photos below:

Spoiler

5a0719bda31f8_2017-11-1115_36_16.jpg.301383d3e35203d2764d6332ef30deb0.jpg5a0719c29da07_2017-11-1115_36_06.jpg.9c71a21da26d979ce623445db3722fa5.jpg5a0719c5df562_2017-11-1115_35_59.jpg.655d761e6a096579508757f0ce653b13.jpg5a0719c9383a2_2017-11-1115_36_06.jpg.ffa677557732400d7d6299252c84c181.jpg

Just for fun, here's some upside down models

5a071a65d6cc0_2017-11-1115_37_28.jpg.8471a7bd09e1cb9523340b79b4ffc813.jpg

On 11/10/2017 at 6:53 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey,

Magnetising a Really Useful Box is the only way I transport my models nowadays. Crazy to think of the money I used to spend on Battlefoam etc (If anyone really prefers case, I do have Battlefoam 720 I'm trying to offload!!).

I think that the 18l box is my preferred choice off the top of my head. Fits anything you'd need for a 2,000pt Ironjawz army with plenty of space without being too cumbersome to transport. You can also get black ones if you're on public transport and don't want people seeing your toys! ;) 

I think ages ago I said about doing a guide for making one of these transport ready with pics and links etc...I should probably do that at some point!

The basic ones from Ikea are great for £50 or whatever they are. I have 3 of them now.

So do you put a sheet of metal on the bottom and then magnets on each of your models bases? 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, Adeeb said:

So do you put a sheet of metal on the bottom and then magnets on each of your models bases? 

I use flex-o-metal, which is a self adhesive magnetic sheeting, for the bottom of the case. Then I use 3x2mm rare earth magnets for the models, fixed to the bottom of the bases with a blob of greenstuff and some super glue. For larger models I use more than one magnet. Hope this helps a bit.

I also deleted your duplicate post for you :) 

Archived