Kairic acolytes?

DessTelain

Been looking at starting a chaos army composed of tzeentch units, but one thing I tend to notice is that nobody seems to take acolytes in their army, which is a shame because they are the models I got listed as a "must include".

So, is there a decent build that relies heavily on the acolytes and some tzaangor or slaves to darkness units? And if so could you guys give an AOS noob some examples? Preferably one that isnt also full of skyfires since I would like to keep my friends :P

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, DessTelain said:

Been looking at starting a chaos army composed of tzeentch units, but one thing I tend to notice is that nobody seems to take acolytes in their army, which is a shame because they are the models I got listed as a "must include".

So, is there a decent build that relies heavily on the acolytes and some tzaangor or slaves to darkness units? And if so could you guys give an AOS noob some examples? Preferably one that isnt also full of skyfires since I would like to keep my friends :P

Thanks in advance!

My opinion is that they are utter rubbish. Go with tzaangors,  warriors and/or marauders. If you really think you need some iffy shooting, just go with pinks..... you'll eventually be running them anyway if you intend to play Tzeentch.

The only force multipliers that help them out are the battalions. The witchfyre for the hero phase shooting and the pyrofane cult mega battalion for the cumulative to wound.  The arch-demagogue command trait adds to their leadership but both these of these are now nearly the cost of 30 acolytes.  They are definately a middling unit but they arnt rubbish for the their function as a mid-field missile unit.  The lower cost is far more justified in my eyes as compared to marauders they have the 6+ invulnerable save for the shields, 2" -1 rend special weapons and an 18" missle weapon as opposed to the marauders' basic infantry bonuses.  

As for if you should include them or not is entirely up to you.  Having something you enjoy is far more important than having something that someone else told you would be worth owning.  I love my acoyltes more than any chaos marauder i have owned but that is just personal preference.  Using marauders would free up 40-80 points you could spend on something else which with tzeentch there is alot of options.

Archived