Shadespire Stormbro’s.

Dave Fraser

Fantastic! Need to have a gold recipe like this too, since Im planning to convert one Warband but have the others exactly like the artwork (which will even include a beautiful hair extension for GOLDheart).

So how did you do these mate? They look ace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, Killax said:

Fantastic! Need to have a gold recipe like this too, since Im planning to convert one Warband but have the others exactly like the artwork (which will even include a beautiful hair extension for GOLDheart).

So how did you do these mate? They look ace.

Gold is super simple. 

1. I primed these red because it was what I had to hand. No idea if it made a difference but full disclosure. 

2. Got a kids ikea paintbrush, about the size of my little finger and smashed retributor gold over the whole model. 

3. Liberator gold drybrush over the lot  again using a 1cm brush, take most of paint off and just go over and over and over until a nice fairly smooth drybrush is achieved  

3. Army painter do a range of washes, not the dips, the washes are just like the old GW ones. I use a 50:50 mix of soft tone : strong tone and a very small amount of water all over. 

4. Once dry I go back and target strong tone into the darkest recesses

5. Liberator gold & some silver mixed together to pick out the raised edges & rivers and such like.

6. Paint the rest of the model! 

Archived