"Ward saves"

Frozenbeast

Question

Could not find the answer to this and more tan a boubt is a clarification as it seems to me nothing is like old warhemmer rules so maybe i am thinking wrong: if a unit with a 6+ save on wound or MW (like death or wardancers) is hit by a spell (archmage) that give the same unit a 6+ save on wound or MW does it stack on the unit baseline save or not?

4 answers to this question

"Special saves" — rules which trigger "whenever X suffers a wound (or mortal wound)" do not "stack" in the sense of combining, but you can have more than one of them, and use them all in any order.

For example, an enemy makes a successful "To Wound" roll against my Skeletons, who have the Deathless Minions trait, and there is a Wight King with Infernal Standard nearby. First, I take my actual armour save (modified by rend, cover, Mystic Shield, etc.). If that fails, then I determine the damage caused by this attack. For each wound inflicted this way, I can then attempt a "Deathless Minion Save" of 6+. For each of those that fail, I can attempt an "Infernal Banner Save", also of 6+.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:55 AM, rokapoke said:

Please note that the term "save" for these rolls is somewhat misleading -- such rules do not benefit from effects like Mystic Shield or being in cover, as they are not true saves as written. 

True. They are rolled on the damage result after wound saves are failed.

Archived