Vargheist ability?

bsharitt

So even though I was very disappointed with the way allies worked out for Nighthaunt in GHB2017, I'm pushing ahead with adding some Vargheist allies since they looks a bit more monstrous and less vampiry and are aleast in the same ballpark as the Mournghoul. So I'm looking at their war scroll and reading their Blood-maddened Feeding Frenzy ability and it's written as model per model, so should I do the attacks for each vargheist model individually to see if the ability goes off for each of my models(especially when attaching little squishy units where it's likely to go off)? If I attack with the unit at once and kill say 3 models, there's nothing to say that each one killed a model, one could have killed all three and the other two whiffed completely. How is everyone playing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the time it doesn't matter which model made the attack, because it doesn't matter which model makes the bonus attack. If one of your Vargheists kills three enemy models, that Vargheist can potentially make 3 extra attacks (if you roll a triple-6).

Where it could matter is if casualty removal puts the attacking model out of range before it can make that extra attack — but very few players will deliberately remove casualties so as to make that happen, or if one model is potentially gonna make those extra attacks against a different unit, that the others aren't in range of — but again, that's a pretty rare/specific arrangement.

Archived