Capturing objectives with Ironjawz

Baron_Bathory

Hey all!

So I've been playing mixed Destruction and I want to move into Ironjawz. I've been toying around with some lists and noticing a few issues. One of the main ones is objective capturing. Our model count is low and all of our troops are high points and elite. Diverting even 1 unit to go capture an objective will be a massive burden on the rest of the army. Is the idea just to destroy your enemies on their side and leave the ones on your side? One of the better aspects of playing a grand alliance is that you can use your useless core tax units to camp the objectives on your side and use your better units to attack theirs. With pure sub-faction armies this doesn't seem to be a possibility, especially with Ironjaws because they're so elite and small in number. Is it viable to play a couple of cheap throw away ally units to go cap?

TLDR: How are you guys managing to cap objectives without severely weakening your front line.

Thanks for the help!

Honestly, this is probably one of the most situtional queation ive encountered so far. I have captured objectives with a maw crusher that just been sitting there, becusse i either have no other option or it simply makes me win thr game. Other times ive planted 10 ardboys with mystic shield in terrain and that, i think, is thr cheapest way to capture them, sometimes its brutes, etc. 

i think with ironjawz you have to just have a feel for the 'if' you need to lesve a unit behind. And you only get that from trail and error. 

Those are my two cents, sorry i couldn't be of more help. :/

IMO the trick with Ironjawz is that you are relatively hard to kill.

So you move one unit on an objective and at least prevent the objective from being captured by your opponent and live long enough so your main force can kill some dudes and then join you.  Gore-Gruntas are pretty good for that IMO since those are fast.

Archived