How much damage does the screaming skull catapult do?

Veterannoob

Question

Sorry if double asked, didn't see it so far.

Our 3-way game Saturday raised a question about the warscroll, app or GW PDF, how much damage does each skull fired actually do, aside from the -2 bravery? we went with 1 damage. I checked Google and a twitter and forum conversation asked this same question but no clarity. How do y'all run this?

11 answers to this question

* means "consult the table below".

Same thing as monsters.  And other warmachines. 

The attack named "Screaming Skulls" has a * in the Damage position.  The Crew Table has a column with "Screaming Skulls" as the heading.  Take the number from the table based on the current crew models within 1", insert that number in place of the *.

SSC.jpg

2 minutes ago, Veterannoob said:

Sorry if double asked, didn't see it so far.

Our 3-way game Saturday raised a question about the warscroll, app or GW PDF, how much damage does each skull fired actually do, aside from the -2 bravery? we went with 1 damage. I checked Google and a twitter and forum conversation asked this same question but no clarity. How do y'all run this?

I don't really understand why it's a question - wouldn't you just consult the Crew Table, like any other warmachine?  Starts at 4 with full crew, down to 0 with no crew?

It's a neat machine, in that it can still fire with no crew - does no damage, but still gives the Bravery penalty.

12 hours ago, Bowlzee said:

2 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I don't really understand why it's a question - wouldn't you just consult the Crew Table, like any other warmachine?  Starts at 4 with full crew, down to 0 with no crew?

It's a neat machine, in that it can still fire with no crew - does no damage, but still gives the Bravery penalty.

...OK... so riddle me this then:) If we are playing and you fire your skulls at me with full 3 crew models, how many screaming skulls launch and how much damage does each skull deal? Cheers! :) 

OK, we're not seeing the same thing here. The crew has stats for a melee weapon, tools. The missile weapon has damage * and maybe I missed something from the rules concerning an *. Thanks, myself and the two guys from our game (and apparently others) are clearly missing something here. :) 

Right on dude.  The trouble really is that the single attack has a plural name.  It's a single attack named "Screaming Skulls".  So it kinda sounds like there should be more than one of them, but the varying attribute is Damage and not Attacks.

The same style really works without trouble in other scrolls.  Consider the Dwarf Bolt Thrower.  It has the exact same mechanic (replace the * with a number from the table), but a much more intuitive result.

DBT.jpg

Yeah, we were thrown because it looks like how many screaming skulls rather than how much damage per skull attack each phase. We checked other war machines and it just confirmed this more as they all had some damage. Though we didn't look at every existing scroll. Feedback for GW on future scrolls. thx

Archived