Flying Models

Hi TGA,

This is one of my plague drones, hes not having a good day. I frequently have this problem with my plague drones and other big flyers. What do people use to hold up their bigger models? Is it the strength of the glue? Or do I need to use a drill. Internet, help me.

IMG_20160606_173115.jpg

Are you gluing the stand into the model and base?

If so, my recommendation would be to not do so but to glue it into the base and magnetize the top. In that way, the model will always be easier to carry around, you can easily snap the model on the flight stand and it doesn't get left standing when you move the model on the battlefield. :)

This time, I would pin the bottom into the base if it has broken off. just take a paperclip and try to find a small drillbit that is about the same size as the paperclip. the fact that the plastic will have a small metal pin coming through the middle should be less of a problem as you can always try to cover it with some base scenics.

I hope this helps.

Have a hunt for solid plastic rod rather than the flying stand rod.  Go for 4mm or 5mm and it'll be much more substantial, plus you can drill a hole that fits fairly snugly.  As @Lysandestolpe says, a pair of magnets will fix it more securely too and a thicker rod will mean you've more surface to glue the magnet onto

Archived