Troggoth Warchief - Input needed!

Chunk

Howdy everyone!

You might know me as the guy who did that Spiderfang force - so it probably wouldn't surprise you to know that I'm a fan of small, esoteric, and possibly neglected factions of the Mortal Realms.

One such faction is TROGGOTHS. Now, Troggoths don't have it as bad as some others (*cough*maneaters*cough*), since they have a choice of 3 units AND a good caster hero in the Troggoth Hag. But! As many of you have noticed I'm sure, Troggoths don't have any way of fielding a force without being relegated to Allies or some kind of auxiliary.

But Troggoths deserve love too! So I took it upon myself to create this - a warscroll for a leader of a troggoth tribe. I used the fantastic and incredibly useful Warscroll Designer (http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/)

My question to all of you is: how many points do you think this guy should be? This might seem like a weird question for a fanmade warscroll, but in my community we tend to use points to balance the two sides even when we're not playing Matched Play. Obviously I wouldn't be looking to use this guy in a tournament or anything, but a ballpark points figure would be useful in general just to help my opponent get an idea of where the hero sits, power-wise.

Personally I'm thinking somewhere in the 140-180 range, but that's just me. What do you think?

Also for your viewing pleasure: the first of many fellwater troggoths I am planning on painting up.

troggoth-warchief.pdf

blotto.jpg

Crazy, I've Literally just been working on something like this myself using the Throgg/Troggoth King warscroll as a basis, (I think both of us have) but changing it over to destruction.royal-troggoth.jpg.661f10c8935a90b9be6096185b3be1cb.jpg

I hadn't added anything regarding battleline because I was intending only using it in narrative play but the 160pts like the chaos version costs seems like a reasonable points cost to me. Good idea adding the destruction keyword to the abilities, I think I'll amend mine to match. Good work anyway always nice to see different people's takes on an idea.

royal-troggoth.pdf

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Giant-River-Troll-Hag

Look into this for an idea of what you could run. She's 360 points so potentially up the size of the Throgg(!) King and increase his wounds. Having him be a Behemoth would be a potential option, then have a slightly smaller Troggoth Chieftain/Brutish Troggoth who isn't. 

Yep, I'd just import that warscroll to generic (destruction) Troggoth lists and use the 160 points listed for him. Makes him as close to legit as possible, you might even be able to get away with running Troggoths as battleline in a Casual Tourney/Game. If people will let you get away with "Troggoth as battleline" allegiance then you basically have a functioning army!

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

160 seems like the consensus - having used old Throggo for the base 'scroll I reckon it makes sense. It's a shame the Throgg model is no longer available, otherwise there would be a (admittedly slim) chance that this idea could get some "official" recognition. 

Anyway, I have some troggoths to paint...

Archived