Starting a Death Army

Lucio

I've been looking at starting a Death army on and off for a while but I've struggled to fit the bits I want into a coherent theme.

Current model collection is

Arkhan the Black
Necromancers (about 5)
Wight King with Black Axe
50 odd Zombies
Corpse Cart
Mortis Engine (ish, got dropped and may have lost parts)
20 Skeletons
10 Grave Guard
6 Spirit Hosts
2 Morghast Arachi
Tomb Banshee
10 Hexwraiths

I like the idea of a Deadwalkers based army, but it's a bit daunting to build another 130 Zombies, though Dire Wolves may alleviate that.

The other theme I was thinking of was the Black Hand of Arkhan, using Arkhan the Black and 4 other characters to form the hand, and various mixed troops.

My biggest issue with the army is I'm not comfortable with the silly saves of the Night Haunts being my entire army, but its tough to argue with their effectiveness. I'm also struggling to see the real damage dealers in the force

Any pointers? Flesh Eaters Court worth exploring?

You could look into doing a death rattle based army. Not using the allegiance but taking the large blocks of skeles and augmenting them with Wight Kings with infernal standards. That would work, aesthetically, alongside the deadwalkers and deathlords that you have going on.

If you want to use what you have at the moment start with a Grand Alliance: Death army. You don't get any of the new flashy allegiance traits but it gives you a chance to use each unit and work out which bits you like. Plus there is a rumour that we might be getting a Deathrattle Battletome sometime early next year.

Archived