Exalted Flamers from Regular Flamers

Squirrelmaster

So, given the difference in price I can't help but wonder:

How difficult would it be to convert Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch models from a "normal" Flamer of Tzeentch kit?

I realise the rules difference is minimal, I'm mainly thinking of 40K where the rules are completely different, but are there any AoS players out there who have both models and can compare them? Any advice or suggestions on this, purely for the sake of saving me money?

Yeah… from close inspection of the GW pictures, it's the flames they're shooting that make the most obvious difference, but that kinda feels like it's just a question of posing. The "real" difference is the extra arms (regular flamers have 2, pyrocasters 4, and exalted flamers 6). If they're not too different in size (that's my main worry), I could probably get away with larger bases, left-over bits, and greenstuff.

There is a rather substantial size difference between the two models.

the Exalted Flamer is ~1/2" taller and even without the "super flame" is over two inches "longer"

For a comparison, the base for the Flamer is a 32mm base.

Here are two of mine next to each other.

Edit: The squares on the mat are 1"

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

Edited by TheOtherJosh
Updating scale
  • Like 1

How about kitbashing flamers and crypt horrors, think the body shape would work well, add some flamer heads  and the arms could be combined and thne maybe sculpt turbular bits over/instead of the legs, maybe even edding in horro and blue horror heads to get the pointy fine detailed teeth.

Edited by Kronos

• 2 years later...

Im using a bunch of these as well and have a korgorath, deepmare, and morghast in various stages of conversion. The korgorath just barely fits on the right base but the others are a decent fit.