Metric folks: what sized magnets do you find most useful?

swarmofseals

I'm aiming to do a lot of magnetizing so that I can multibase some of my armies, and I'm wondering what size magnets you all find most useful for this purpose. The site I'm browsing has metric sizes -- so far the smallest I've found is 2mmx1mm but I'm not sure that's small enough. Typically I see 1/16" x 1/32" mm and maybe 1/8" x 1/16" used, but these don't exactly translate cleanly to metric.  I suppose 2mmx1mm is between these two sizes. Any advice would be appreciated!

Magnet wise I have a variety of them for different tasks.  It sounds like you're wanting to magnetise the feet of your models to snap onto the base (pretty clever idea) so you're going to be restricted by the size of the foot.  A Duardin is going to be a lot more tricky than an Ogor!

I use a 3mm x 2mm in the base of every model to secure it to metal sheets for transportation and one of those will comfortably hold a model on a 40mm base (think character, wrathmonger etc) without it moving around whilst being carried (often on it's side)

Archived