Ardcoat failure

Hey all. I gave my new liberator unit a Ardcoat last night and woke up to find them with milky globs in spots. I've never had this problem using Ardcoat before. Is there a way to fix this or did I just waste all the time and effort I put into these?

6 hours ago, Forgebellows said:

Hey all. I gave my new liberator unit a Ardcoat last night and woke up to find them with milky globs in spots. I've never had this problem using Ardcoat before. Is there a way to fix this or did I just waste all the time and effort I put into these?

I have had this happen to me with Testers Dullcoat years ago because it was left to dry in the cold, the solution was a really simple one. 

Spray them again and let them dry in a warm room, easy. 

Hope this helps. 

Good to hear guys, thanks for the replies. As you can probably empathize with, I'm quite upset with this result. When I work on a unit, the payoff really doesn't come until the end and I feel like mine was taken from me, leaving me with despair. I've just had a 64 ounce margarita so bear with me. I'm off to try some Lahmian Medium and then, if that doesn't work, a respray. Cheers.

Well, that didn't work. I put a couple coats of Lahmian Medium on them and it dulled them, increasing the cloudiness all over the models and dulling them. So then I tried another coat of Ardcoat and well, they have seemingly more milky pooling than before. I think these guys are ruined and it's a shame because I feel like they were the best I've done.

Archived