Securely Attaching Old Metal Screamer Tails?

themortalgod

I just got a bunch of old metal screamers in a trade, really nice models, but those tails are such a nightmare. Their angle means pinning like normally becomes near impossible.  I'm wondering if anyone had any advice on how to securely attach these suckers as I fear with just superglue they won't have a prayer of staying attached.

For those unfamiliar with them, the tails are cut at a sharp angle and attach at the side rather than the front. The tips feel too narrow to do a vertical pin (relative to the photo) and the angle makes drilling a horizontal pin near impossible. (at least for me)

59a87cd0644be_ScreenShot2017-08-31at2_16_49PM.png.f366feb22be8dc6eb29ad095c5e3e289.png

thanks!

I used a super small pinn 3mm long just to anchor it, without being to subtle, leaving some gaps... Then I filled all the gaps with greenstuff, but I went a bit over the edges in order to prevent it form bracking apart. They've been in place for years!

Pin parallel down the length of the tail. Paper clip type thickness (the thin ones)  and green stuff like suggested to fill gaps.

Hole as close to center of the tail as possible. (Not perpendicular to the tail) the key is a "pre-drill divot" to avoid wandering with the drill bit.

it should be doable with the standard bit in the GW drill kit.

Archived