Archaon list. Thoughts/criticism?

Tasman

If you take everchosen as allegiance, don't you need to take 3 units of varanguard, as the warriors and Marauders don't count as battleline cause they are allies?

Btw i like your second list more, gives Archaon good spells, but you need to kick the varanguard, cause you can't mark them tzeentch so you break your allegiance.

2 hours ago, Nico said:

If you take one of the 4 Everchosen Battalions, then you could put Marauders or Warriors in as Battleline units. You can then stamp all the contents Everchosen for allegiance purposes.

Much better than my original idea of using the v-guard as allies. BUT.

I was hoping to still be able to use the Tzeentch allegiance so as to get the spells and dice..... I can still do that with Everchosen allegiance?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 2:35 PM, Tasman said:

That's what I was shooting for. Thanks.

After using him in a game recently v BCRs he did quite well, Treacherous bond on him is totally ridiculous. He ran around just messing things up while I dumped the wounds on warriors and Marauder units. DD are awesome for his autokill ability as well. I'm going to be bringing him off the shelf more often now, I think....

14 hours ago, tolstedt said:

I've got gorepilgrims with arcahon set for a game in two weeks (grad school kills my hobby time so nothing gets assembled)

He's amazing.  I think 640 would be more appropriate and varangaurd should be 280.

I'm in complete agreement on the varanguard...... not being able to mark them prior to set up is a real deterrent to fitting them into any list except as allies. [unless of course you're playing a mixed army]  in that case you are limited to a 2k or higher list. Archies points are about right, IMO. 20 wounds, 3= save, flying monster with instant kill capability and two spells.Run with Tzeentch and using treacherous bond on him, you end up with an unkillable $h!t$torm of a character. One man wreaking crew.

12 hours ago, Tasman said:

I'm in complete agreement on the varanguard...... not being able to mark them prior to set up is a real deterrent to fitting them into any list except as allies. [unless of course you're playing a mixed army]  in that case you are limited to a 2k or higher list. Archies points are about right, IMO. 20 wounds, 3= save, flying monster with instant kill capability and two spells.Run with Tzeentch and using treacherous bond on him, you end up with an unkillable $h!t$torm of a character. One man wreaking crew.

I'll be doing fatesworn next.  Amazing with all the spell casting and instant kill potential with destiny dice.

Archived