2000 pts Sylveneth

Dragon10

Hi all

just bought a load of sylveneth models and about 9 citadel woods.

im looking at making a competitive fun list for myself, what do you think of the below list?

1 x TreeLord Ancient

1 x Spirit of Durtho

1 x Branchwych

1 x Loremaster

5 x Tree revs

5 x Tree revs

5 x Tree revs

6 x hunters with swords

3 x hunters with bows

3 x hunters with bows

1 x gnarlroot batt

i do need help with what spells to take and what artefacts etc..

thank you

Well it would not be my army.. BUT..

I'd go TLA as general and then briarsheath and gnarled warrior. Probably I'd keep the regrowth here myself.

Durthu Oaken armor.

The Wych... several options.

- Reaping + circlet ,

- Lamenteri, it's nice to cast the gnarlroot spell (which again is nice on hunters) and then maybe the summon wyldwood spell or a backup regrowth

- Or regrowth on wych and reaping on the TLA for some extra damage (with regrowth on wych you can consider circlet to to be sure your main targets are in range)

7 hours ago, MacDuff said:

Who needs spells?  Just surround the enemy with those 9 woods and let them kill themselves trying to get out.

Because ... they can't just walk through them? And they've not placed any other terrain on the table where you need to stay away from.. and they won't move untill you've placed them all?

39 minutes ago, MacDuff said:

Yeah, they can walk thru, but you can encourage dumb opponents to run or charge so on a 1 they die. And I guess you do need the Roused by Magic spell so they do D3 mortal wounds to dudes w/in 1"...

hehe yeah... my last opponent was all like: I don't care about those forests.. (not much room on the table but there was one on his side between the 2 middle objectives). He said: I will just walk in them and won't have to charge untill I'm out next turn AND I will have cover so my secrator will have a 2+. So he put 3-4 units and 3 characters in or near the forest :D. My TLA  cast his spell... and I only rolled 4-5-6 on the D3 damage :D... and then my hunters shot the secrators last 3 wounds in my first turn. 

But still: can't expect the opponent to be dumb it's not a solid winning strategy.

I try to fit Drycha into every Sylvaneth I run now - she's just so effective for her points. Horde-killer with squirmlings, AoE magic, and pretty good in melee depending on her mood. If you're going up against any horde blocks (which might become more common now with GHB2 changes), I can't recommend her enough. 

7 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

I try to fit Drycha into every Sylvaneth I run now - she's just so effective for her points. Horde-killer with squirmlings, AoE magic, and pretty good in melee depending on her mood. If you're going up against any horde blocks (which might become more common now with GHB2 changes), I can't recommend her enough. 

Yeah auto include in everylist I make. Squirmlings rock. I dislike her spell but regrowth, verdant blessing or the reaping are nice options.

Archived