Running Slaves to Darkness, need help!

PhantomBaz

Hello Followers of Chaos,

I'm running for a Slaves army, but I'm having trouble. I just seem to always be out matched, i cant really find any buffs to help, unless i look outside of Slaves, i.e. a Bloodsecrator and giving the slaves' the mark of Khorne, but then i lose the able to have knights as battle line. There just seems not to be anything within just slaves to buff things up, I'm either being shot to death, or just out matched in hand to hand, with other army having re-rolls 

I will admit the characters, Lord of Chaos, does stand up, but its just one guy and can only take limited characters.

8 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

have you looked into fatesworn? or the other everchosen battalions

If i do i lose the Knights as battle line and left with either Chaos Warriors, at 180Pts per 10 unit which lacks any hitting power, or marauders at 60Pts per 10 which are cannon fodder at best.

Btw slaves are sooooo flexible as u said u can take anything from any deamon army u want 9 dice build all with tzeentch add skyfire or lord of change plus rest take from tzeentch mortal units (all u want slaves plus mark) then add everchosen tzeentch battalion and u will rock ur turnament stage like jennifer lopez in 90'

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

10 minutes ago, Dead_Ghost said:

Also, what are you running in your list? and what's your play environment like (casual, competitive etc)

If its just Slaves, then i have 20 Warriors, 5 knights, 20 Maraauders/Horseman, 1 Chariot, 2 Spawn.

Sorcerer, Chaos Lord/Sorcerer on Manticore, Daemon Prince, Chaos Lord, Lord on mount.

None Slaves, 
6 Hounds, Chaos Gargant.
AoS game box  Khorne half.  

And its just Casual at the mo...

4 minutes ago, przenicki1987 said:

Btw slaves are sooooo flexible as u said u can take anything from any deamon army u want 9 dice build all with tzeentch add skyfire or lord of change plus rest take from tzeentch mortal units (all u want slaves plus mark) then add everchosen tzeentch battalion and u will rock ur turnament stage like jennifer lopez in 90'

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

It can yes, but its going off track of the feel of the army, it stops being a Slaves army and starts becoming a Deamon army.

14 minutes ago, PhantomBaz said:

If i do i lose the Knights as battle line and left with either Chaos Warriors, at 180Pts per 10 unit which lacks any hitting power, or marauders at 60Pts per 10 which are cannon fodder at best.

you dont loose it. its explained in the new chaos books that its fine. ignore the app in that regard 

4 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

you dont loose it. its explained in the new chaos books that its fine. ignore the app in that regard 

Coming form the general Handbook it say "Battleline if army has slaves to Darkness allegiance" to my understanding of this it would mean that i can only take slaves of darkness units if i want Chaos Knights as Battle line. 

23 minutes ago, PhantomBaz said:

can only take slaves of darkness units if i want Chaos Knights as Battle line

This will be easier to navigate under the new GHB. as you'll be allowed 400 pts of allies, whilst still retaining the benefits of a 'pure' StD army. 
With the new book in mind, StD will be getting some allegiance abilities that will hopefully give them some umpf - so don't ditch them just yet! 

If you can, try taking Marauders in larger blocks, so they become a tar pit [I think going forward, they'll be a 20 min unit if the GHB17 hints are true] 30 of them are great for 180 pts.

Chosen can give buffs to *all* other slaves units within 8" with their 'Slaughter-Leaders' ability - and just need to kill one model. Great against hordes, low AV units. They're expensive though, so keep them protected.

If you're taking the chariot and knights, try using them in tandem to really hit a particular unit, but maybe not against big blocks.

And I can't remember which lord/champion it is [book not to hand], but if you give each unit in the army the mark of khorne, the lord can help buff them all with his command ability. Take a Lord of Chaos and which ever mark you want. Make sure all other StD units have that mark. StD units within 10" of that LoC benefit from that ability - i.e. all StD within 10" can re-roll 1's to hit. 

I personally don't run knights in my StD list, as they're such a point sink, but other people seem to swear by them. 

17 minutes ago, Dead_Ghost said:

This will be easier to navigate under the new GHB. as you'll be allowed 400 pts of allies, whilst still retaining the benefits of a 'pure' StD army. 
With the new book in mind, StD will be getting some allegiance abilities that will hopefully give them some umpf - so don't ditch them just yet! 

If you can, try taking Marauders in larger blocks, so they become a tar pit [I think going forward, they'll be a 20 min unit if the GHB17 hints are true] 30 of them are great for 180 pts.

Chosen can give buffs to *all* other slaves units within 8" with their 'Slaughter-Leaders' ability - and just need to kill one model. Great against hordes, low AV units. They're expensive though, so keep them protected.

If you're taking the chariot and knights, try using them in tandem to really hit a particular unit, but maybe not against big blocks.

And I can't remember which lord/champion it is [book not to hand], but if you give each unit in the army the mark of khorne, the lord can help buff them all with his command ability. Take a Lord of Chaos and which ever mark you want. Make sure all other StD units have that mark. StD units within 10" of that LoC benefit from that ability - i.e. all StD within 10" can re-roll 1's to hit. 

I personally don't run knights in my StD list, as they're such a point sink, but other people seem to swear by them. 

If/when i use a lord of chaos its noramlly with a mark of Slannesh (sp) being able to run and charge, its great for knights or i take  a Lord on mount, +1 to hit and reroll for charges, but only on Knights and chariots.
Yeah, maybe i should have a game where i dont take knights, they are costly, maybe i should to try big block of Warriors. i guess will get let spend on other things.  

48 minutes ago, PhantomBaz said:

Coming form the general Handbook it say "Battleline if army has slaves to Darkness allegiance" to my understanding of this it would mean that i can only take slaves of darkness units if i want Chaos Knights as Battle line. 

The newer blades of khorne or disciples of Tzeentch book clarify this an say it's fine.

1 hour ago, PhantomBaz said:

noramlly with a mark of Slannesh (sp)

I can see the desire to do this - being the one to choose to get the charge can be powerful - but once they're in they're just run of the mill guys with no buffs - unlike all the new guys on the block [hopefully this'll change come GHB17].

Perhaps try keeping your army the same but change up the marks you give them. If you're up against shooting try Tzeentch to get that extra save protection or depending on your weapon load outs try Khorne or Nurgle for combat. 

Make tweaks first, and if that doesn't work, make changes.

27 minutes ago, Dead_Ghost said:

I can see the desire to do this - being the one to choose to get the charge can be powerful - but once they're in they're just run of the mill guys with no buffs - unlike all the new guys on the block [hopefully this'll change come GHB17].

Perhaps try keeping your army the same but change up the marks you give them. If you're up against shooting try Tzeentch to get that extra save protection or depending on your weapon load outs try Khorne or Nurgle for combat. 

Make tweaks first, and if that doesn't work, make changes.

It just seems so limited with the other marks as there're  all just re-rolls of a 1.  it just never feel as if its worth it, tho i do roll so many 1's. Now if it was re-roll misses/wound/saves, or +1 to hit/save etc... then i'd feel much better about taking it. I guess I could drop the knights and get a block a warriors, which would mean they could run and change 

Now i do like the sorcerer's spell, re-rolling all 1's   

2 hours ago, Dead_Ghost said:

With this in mind, what do you think about Battalion  Ruinbringer. From what i can tell, each until that makes in will cause 3d/6d mortal wounds. But it is only once per battle...

Unfortunately Knights just aren't what they used to be (Chaos Warriors for that matter too). Within a few weeks you'll be able to ally Bloodsecrators, Skyfires, Sayl, etc. You'll have a lot more options, so probably just hang tight and keep painting.

47 minutes ago, angelust said:

Unfortunately Knights just aren't what they used to be (Chaos Warriors for that matter too). Within a few weeks you'll be able to ally Bloodsecrators, Skyfires, Sayl, etc. You'll have a lot more options, so probably just hang tight and keep painting.

yeah, sounds good.. i do enjoy the StD's (face palm). I do like the using them, they have a good feel about them a good look at them. Plus i put a lot of money and time into them.  

Has there been a leak of who StD can ally with? Im sure it will be pretty much everyone except for maybe skaven...I love me some Tzeentch. Im always trying to mix in StD with Tzeentch stuff. The allegiance spells alone can make a huge difference to StD

Archived