Where Do You Game AoS?

18 minutes ago, chord said:

Are gaming clubs a thing in the states?  in my part of the nation it seems not much. (south east)

Same, I'm in Florida and gaming clubs are virtually unknown here, it's all gaming stores; any clubs are like secret societies that don't advertise and you have to know somebody who knows somebody.  It's a shame IMHO but it is how it is.  Also, even when there are clubs they normally piggyback on a FLGS anyways, so it's not really different than just going to the game store only you are more likely to find "cliques" that all know each other.

To answer the original question, mainly at a Warhammer store, sometimes at an independent game store, but AOS is mainly in the background now with 40k 8th edition and games are scarce.

1 minute ago, Auticus said:

I think it comes down to how you define "club".  We define "club" as a collection of players that meet virtually or in the same place.  Game stores can be seen as clubs.

FWIW I define club as "a group of players that aren't beholden to the whims of a game store" (e.g. never being told "Sorry no room for you to play because there's a Magic tournament"), and tend to be more sociable and structured than "just show up and see who else is there".

I play in my garage that I built as a space for me and my son to hang out, it also doubles up as a 'studio' for making My Youtube videos easier :)

I do live fairly close to WHW though and we have started playing there more often recently.

Madison, WI here. I play at one of 3 FLGS, not including the local GW store that I've actually never been to. Unfortunately 2 of the FLGS have their warhammer night on the same night, but I've seen events take place at 2 of them since I started buying in June (started playing in July). I know the 3rd store has had 40k tourneys at it before, I'm just speaking to AoS.

Archived