Wight king infernal standard

LJ26

9 hours ago, LJ26 said:

Does he ever make his points back or nah? I think he'd be good for my skellies and zombies but I can always take a liche priest instead or summon something in... 

A second deathless save is pretty damn good. Imo his banner effect is much better than the Tomb Herald banner in comparison. If your army is mostly single wound death models the banner is basically an aura the reduces all damage by 16.7%, coupled with the existing deathless save and standard bearer revive that makes your chafe remarkably sturdy. 

Also remember, if you are taking a lot of wounds, each model it saves is basically saving 2 as you would have lost another one to battleshock. For example, lets say your unit of big skeletons is facing 40 wounds at no rend.

5+ save brings that down to 26.6 wounds. 

6+ deathless brings that down to 22.2 wounds

6+ banner brings that down to 18.5 wounds

The banner just saved ~4 skeletons directly and another ~4 to battle shock. Thats just one unit, in one turn. Pretty good, also it could be the difference between the unit getting obliterated in the battle shock phase or not, which means it is indirectly responsible for any models recovered via the standard bearer in subsequent turns. 

That said, his effectiveness goes down considerably if your army is mostly multi wound models. 

Archived