Rebooting my Sylvaneth

Uprising

Hello

Sylvaneth was my first army when AOS first came out, but I have been playing other armies to much lately.  I want to get back into them, but my current group has went hard into tournaments.  I have never played my Sylvaneth in a tournament setting(even through I have about 30s game with them).  What would you suggest for a 2000 pts list?  I have about 10,000 points of sylvaneth, so I basically have everything.  Thanks for reading have a great day. 

This is the sweatiest non-Alarielle list I can think of. Change artefacts/spells to taste.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior 
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour 
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwych (100)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri 
Drycha Hamadreth (280)
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
10 x Dryads (120)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
6 x Kurnoth Hunters (360)
- Scythes
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Greatbows
- Greatbows
- Greatbows
Gnarlroot Wargrove (80)
Household (20)

Total: 2000/2000

1 hour ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

This is the sweatiest non-Alarielle list I can think of. Change artefacts/spells to taste.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior 
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour 
Branchwych (100)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri 
Drycha Hamadreth (280)
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
10 x Dryads (120)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
6 x Kurnoth Hunters (360)
- Scythes
- Greatbows
- Greatbows
- Greatbows
Gnarlroot Wargrove (80)
Household (20)

Total: 2000/2000

That is literally the exact same as my currently sylvaneth list, down to spells and artifacts. Was that used in a large tournament or anything? I feel its a coincidence we came up with the same list off the top of our heads. 

Hi

Not the most conventional Tourney list, but I like playing it. Used it at a Tourney the weekend just gone. 

Had mixed success got 1 Major Win, 1 Minor loss (went to points and lost by 60) and 1 major loss.

Leaders

Treelord Ancient (300)

- General

- Trait: Gnarled Warrior

- Artefact: Briarsheath 

- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing 

Drycha Hamadreth (280)

- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth

Spirit of Durthu (400)

- Artefact: Briarsheath 

Branchwych (100)

- Artefact: The Silverwood Circlet

- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth                                  

20 x Dryads (240)                                 

10 x Dryads (120)                                        

5 x Tree-Revenants (100)

3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)

- Greatbows

3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)

- Scythes

Battalions

Gnarlroot Wargrove (80

Household (20)

Simon

17 hours ago, gummyofallbears said:

That is literally the exact same as my currently sylvaneth list, down to spells and artifacts. Was that used in a large tournament or anything? I feel its a coincidence we came up with the same list off the top of our heads. 

I think I heard about it or something very similar on the BadDice podcast.

Realistically it's just a case of take the best mega-battalion, add Drycha and battleline for board control and then cram as many Kurnoths in as you can. 

15 hours ago, Mune said:

You guys play the drycha suicide bomb?

Nah she's much better as a flanker with Squirmlings. Verdant Blessing is a favourite of mine because she's very quick you can place Wyldwoods in really annoying places. You don't really need the Drycha/Branchwych suicide bomb as you're not hurting for heavy hitters.

21 hours ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Nah she's much better as a flanker with Squirmlings. Verdant Blessing is a favourite of mine because she's very quick you can place Wyldwoods in really annoying places. You don't really need the Drycha/Branchwych suicide bomb as you're not hurting for heavy hitters.

I always use her with a 2nd regrowth on herself.. but I'll try this (I never used AoS damage on her.. always saw squirmlings as the prime choice since that power against hordes (with insane self buffs) is just something we otherwise do not have).

4 hours ago, Aezeal said:

I always use her with a 2nd regrowth on herself.. but I'll try this (I never used AoS damage on her.. always saw squirmlings as the prime choice since that power against hordes (with insane self buffs) is just something we otherwise do not have).

If you're using her as a more centrally positioned battering-ram then yes Regrowth might be a better option. Although you could broaden things out with the likes of The Reaping or Dwellers as I usually have a purely support Branchwych with Ranu's Lamentiri and Regrowth.

If you're using her as a flanking force Regrowth's value drops as she's invariably going to be out of range to be hit with the TLA's command ability and I usually have more pressing targets for Mystic Shield so her ability to survive long enough to get Regrowth off is diminished. 

That being said there's no bad choices of spells for Drycha except Throne of Vines and maybe Treesong so go out and experiment to see what suits your playstyle best.

Archived