FEC - First Army Advice

Kryptboy

I just purchased my very first army and could use assistance with a list so I can decide what I should construct.  I purchased 2 of the start collecting sets and the night hunter, plus I ordered a varghulf and necromancer that will be here in a week or so.  I'll list all the models below.

X2 Ghoul King on Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon

X1 Varghulf

X9 Crypt Horrors/Flayers etc.

X40 Ghouls

X1 Necromancer

All of these are unassembled, though I will most likely so a zombie dragon and a Terrorgheist cuz both look so damn cool.  I know Horrors are solid, and I know I'll need more ghouls at some point but I wanna get a 1k or 1500 point list together to assemble first, plus a description of the tactics would be awesome as well.  I will be ordering a Mourngul as well. I've watched a load of battle reports and videos but I'm still rather green in all of this (that or I like Orks/Orruk too much) Any help is appreciated!

What you have purchased so far looks like a very solid choice to me. Just a quick tot up on warsrcroll builder you can do 2000 points already with what you have. From what I understand crypt flayers are the better choice due to their mobility and mortal wound output. I think building one of each of the big guys is definitely to right way to go. One thing to beard on mind is keep your varghulf safe. He is extremely important for replenishing your units. I would recommend cursed book for -1 to hit bubble on either of the big guys and either ruler of the night for resilience or red fury if you want to do some serious damage.

I'd say stick with all horrors. You'll get more miles out of them as they hit like a truck and are cheaper in points. Crypt flayers are more for 3+ save units, which aren't always on the table, or include them for a vanguard move. I'd say a GK on zombie dragon supported by a unit of flayers would be a good alpha strike.

good and solid tactics above. 

#i just recommand to build some Courtiers. These are your backbone and you will allways need them. At least one Courtier von 1-2 Units. 

you will like the feeling in your hero phase when you refill your Ghouls and Horrors/Flayers. Just do a quick math. When you refill 2 Horrors, thats 92 Points. Your Courtier costs 120 Points. You still have one more Hero for Deathless Minions, some Wounds and some Attacks.

Ans thats only 1 Round. When you Refill a Unit in your second or 3rd Herophase, you refilled more Points with one Courtier than you placed a unit on horrors.

Also for my necromancer, since they don't fit fluff wise with this army, I got this guy.  He's completely made of maggots, so I figure fill them with the masters blood and let them inject itself into fallen ghouls for some reinforcements. It's totally just fluff reasons for me, but I'm big into the theme and lore with this sort of thing.

IG_308_1.jpg

My 1k list I'm gonna test looks like this;

GKoTG - general

crypt haunter courtier

10 ghouls

10 ghouls

6 crypt horrors

i would like a unit of 20 ghouls, but I'm treating this list as my GK, horrors and courtier get up front and smash u it's whilst my little ghouls hold objectives.

could be a bad list but has me curious.

I was toying around with the idea for a flesh eaters court.  The infernal coutier has such an awesome profile with the 5 attacks and rend.  I think since you have the 6 horrors and a haunter courtier why not make 2 infernals to use as fast suicide runs.  Attack a monster or backfield character and deal so damage or talk it up to be good so the opponent might divert fire to them or spend a turn in combat with it.

Crypt ghast courtier. And yes, especially if your running units of at least 20 ghouls. Combined with ghoul patrol battalion. You'll be bringing back ghouls like no mans business. Everything has a place in the FEC army, all our heroes have SOME way of replenishing our units, which make sure them so valuable.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived