Guardians of the Dawnspire armylist!

Slaanesh

So do you guys think this would work out decent, looking to be middle of the pack in tournaments!

Allegiance: Order
High Warden (220)
- General
High Warden (220)
Archmage (120)
Archmage (120)
10 x Reavers (320)
10 x Spireguard (120)
5 x Reavers (160)
20 x Spireguard (240)
10 x Swordmasters (200)
10 x Swordmasters (200)
Guardians of the Dawnspire (40)
Guardians of the Dawnspire (40)

Total: 2000/2000

So the only trick to the list is to use the battalion ability to make the 10 man reaver unit shot twice and the same for the 20 spire guard. 

I know the units are a bit weak, but there's a lot of shooting and many bodies and I love the 6" special pile in for the high warden. 

But like would it be loosing every game at a tournament or could this list hold its own with a bit of practice. I already own the models, it's just so daunting to start painting all these tiny and detailed elf bodies.. 

20170528_225201.jpg

It's not highly competitive, but it can move around the board effortlessly, which can catch your opponents off guard. Using the extra movement ability on the High Wardens themselves can get you behind enemy lines real easy to harass warmachines or assassinate characters. Give the general Legendary Fighter and the Obstinate Blade on his lance and get him stuck into important units. The High Wardens are no joke on the charge. Eliminating your opponents linchpin characters will be essential as you don't have a lot of boosts to your shooting and combat in this list. I think you will be mostly playing to scenario and will be particularly dangerous in Gifts From the Heavens. That 6" pile in makes it real hard to defend the objective against a High Warden that has the potential to move twice in one turn.

It'd be a fun list to play, but I probably wouldn't run it quite like you have. With minimal changes to the models, I'd probably run something like this:

High Warden

Archmage

Loremaster

Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart Phoenix

3x5 Reavers

2x10 Swordmasters

1x30 Spireguard

Guardians of the Dawnspire Battalion

That adds up to 1980.

While you lose the larger block of reavers to doubleshot with, your 30 man block of Spireguard is a much better target for the battalion ability. The loremaster will be really good for buffing the High Warden or Anointed, and I think the Anointed plus Warden will work a lot better than two Wardens. You'll just need to convert one of your High Wardens into the Anointed (or buy a frostie).  Aside from that you'd just need to get a Loremaster. 

With more flexibility in terms of models I might do things a bit differently. I'd try pretty hard to fit a Skywarden in.

I saw a video by mc1gamer about this battalion and it looks so fun to play, and luckily I have most of the models. 

Where do you find the points for the actual battalion though as a friend of mine said there wasn't any and so you couldn't play this at tournament for instance. (Hope he is wrong) 

I really like @swarmofseals list idea. The swordmasters are fragile so the frosty could do well to keep his aura close to him. This way, enemies nearby get -1 to wound. The phoenix becomes a very tanky unit once multiple wizards cast near him and the attuned to magic ability grants him an extra point to his save on a 2+ until your next hero phase (includes enemy wizards). He also has an additional  4+  against wounds and mortal wounds after damage is applied. Stick a Relic Blade on him and you're looking a 12 attacks at 3/3/-1/2. This character is simply a steal for 240 points! The Loremaster works really well with him to make sure that more of those attacks got through.

The High Warden is more fragile, bit still packs a punch. As others have said, he is more suited to backline fighting whilst the phoenix tanks out obscene amounts of damage up front.

The swordmasters can do good things for you in combat, but are very fragile for their cost. The Archmage's '6+ vs wounds and mortal wounds' bubble should negate some of this, and the frosty's aura will help as well. If you are looking to raise the list to 2500, throw in a Hurricanum for those mortal wounds (replace the Battlemage on the model for your spare Archmage to make it fit in a bit more) and 10 Phoenix Guard. This way, your elite infantry will all have 2+ to hit, with swordmasters rerolling 1s, and the PG are a heavier anvil unit that can take damage that SM cannot. The Hurricanum also averages 5.5 mrtal wounds a turn to help snipe linchpin heroes.

Good luck with the list, hope it works out for you.

Archived