Is Deathrattle even worth to start collecting anymore?

Kugane

16 hours ago, Mikester1487 said:

Full skeleton horde with 2 blocks of 20 skeletons holding spears, a block of 20 graveguard with great weapons, and a wight king as the general. The only outside units were necromancers to buff and put wounds on heroes.  She considered black knights but preferred having more bodies on the table.  The knights are best for a supporting role in my opinion, but it would be cool to see multiple units of them on the table.

How many should you generally take though? Like 5 to 10 or so?

9 hours ago, Kosmion said:

I just started a deathrattle army, and im having a blast! Its not very competetive ofc, but its great fun to stack those ward saves. I wouldnt doubt that they will get some form of release like a battletome or something that makes them more playable fairly soon. So as an investment? Sure theyre prob worth it!

I'm starting the assembling today. Going to put some nighthaunts together first and a couple of skeletons, so I can get to 500 points Death asap. I'll keep expanding Deathrattle until I have enough skeletons :P

PS: Sorry for the triple post, my device refused to let me multiquote in 1 reply

On 16/06/2017 at 2:40 PM, Mikester1487 said:

For knights?  Of you're taking some skeletons as well or a mix of things I think 2 units of 5 would do the trick.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'm currently building my first 5 knights. I'm going with a Nippon conversion, so I want to make sure I don't over-buy :P, all the extra bits are costly after all haha. I'm also painting up some Fenrisian wolves to use as dire wolves to mix in. I read some tactics where people use Dire Wolves for screening to stop the opponent from charging your important units.

2 hours ago, Kugane said:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'm currently building my first 5 knights. I'm going with a Nippon conversion, so I want to make sure I don't over-buy :P, all the extra bits are costly after all haha. I'm also painting up some Fenrisian wolves to use as dire wolves to mix in. I read some tactics where people use Dire Wolves for screening to stop the opponent from charging your important units.

Nice!  Good luck with your army.  The dire wolves are a solid idea to block your important stuff.

10 hours ago, Kugane said:

I read some tactics where people use Dire Wolves for screening to stop the opponent from charging your important units.

Been doing this with zombies but was thinking of getting some wolves instead. They're the same points but could potentially do more damage than 10 zombies.

On 6/18/2017 at 7:24 AM, lare2 said:

Been doing this with zombies but was thinking of getting some wolves instead. They're the same points but could potentially do more damage than 10 zombies.

Damage doesn't matter, but their speed makes them far superior to the Zombies for screening. They are also equally survivable.

Of course, Zombie screens are still worthwhile due to being battleline.

On 18/06/2017 at 0:11 AM, Mikester1487 said:

Nice!  Good luck with your army.  The dire wolves are a solid idea to block your important stuff.

Thank you very much! :) 20 skeletons, a VLOZD and dire wolves are put together. Time to paint those up. Wondering if a Mourngul would fit into a death rattle army at the moment or just go all out on skeletons.

On 18/06/2017 at 8:24 AM, lare2 said:

I like the over aesthetic of the wolves in the army as well, they just seem to blend in nicely with the rest.

Archived