Skirmish: chaos warbands.

Arkiham

On 6/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, Siema said:

Sorry for the noob question, but how a Skyfire can be the leader without being a hero? Or it's just your house rules?

Skyfire's the unit champion I mean. My actual Leader is the Darkoath Chieftain.

On 2017-06-07 at 5:50 PM, Siema said:

Sorry for the noob question, but how a Skyfire can be the leader without being a hero? Or it's just your house rules?

He's referring to being the unit champion, not the "General". 

EDIT: What everyone else stated already. 

And... Enlightened are really good too. 

The enemy always has a choice of activating first in combat. If they do that and the Enlightened survive, the rerolls almost guarantee death right bad.

If the Enlightened attack first, it's also a descent chance of killing what it comes across.

Any Disc Tzaangors are essentially mini-heroes themselves. For only 11 reknown.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mune said:

So the next tournament Im going to take part has 1 round of skirmish.

It will be 100 points and I still dont have any clues about this format.

Do you guys have any ideas for me?

Wow a hundred is a lot. What is your faction of choice?

Played a skirmish game today as part of the local stores campaign. We have been playing the campaign from the book and today's was the last game.

I started the campaign with the following:

1x Bloodstoker (16)- General

1x Khorgorath (16)

4x Blood Warriors (16)

= 48 Renown

A few games in I was able to add 4 more Blood Warriors (16 renown) and today I spent up most of my spare renown on 20 Bloodreavers and 5 Bloodletters. It was a long slog for a Skirmish game but very enjoyable. Sadly I lost the game by the narrowest of margins and if I had rolled better for my Khorgorath (who fluffed all 5 attacks and 2 underdog re-rolls) in the last round I would have won. 

At present I am still top of the league table, but one of my rivals has a couple of games in hand so I may lose the top spot. Hey-Ho for my first ever campaign I don't think I did too badly. 

I was also impressed with my 11 year old son who looks like ending at 4th or 5th place. Not bad for someone completely new to the hobby. He wasn't playing Chaos though he was playing Stormcast Eternals.

This will not work because you need at least 3 Models for a warband. Better take some Tzaangors on foot and an Acolyte or a Gaunt Summoner, Skyfire and Acolyte. In order to use Skyfire+ Tzaangor you need to win your first game ;)

9 minutes ago, Salyx said:

This will not work because you need at least 3 Models for a warband. Better take some Tzaangors on foot and an Acolyte or a Gaunt Summoner, Skyfire and Acolyte. In order to use Skyfire+ Tzaangor you need to win your first game ;)

Totally forgot about the 3 model rule, thanks

Archived