Need Assistance with a Dual Army | Conversions and Painting

Gauche

Hello,

I'm planning on a somewhat ambitious project to scratch a few itches. Lately I've been wanting a second AoS Army and been favoring DoT, specifically an all demon build. At the same time I will be getting back into 40k after a long absence, with Orks, and wouldn't mind a second army for that game either. Now a rational person would just buy Demons.....but I have never been accused of being rational.

My plan is to convert 40k, and some AoS, Orks and Grots into a counts as Demons Army not only for Tzeentch but for every god! I'm hoping to get feedback on this project as I'm still in the planning stages and am no master converter/painter. I've included my initial plans below:

Greater Demons

These will be the native models, from a narrative and tabletop perspective I think there needs to be some mastery over the demonic Orks while also making it obvious at a glance what my army is, or at least giving a clue. I also like the Greater Demon models and think they'd make an excellent centerpiece for any list.

Rank and File Demons (Bloodletters, Pink Horrors, etc.)

These will all be 40k Orks and Grots with the following specifications:

Bloodletters | Slugga Boyz w/ Red Skin and Khorne Iconography. Considering greenstuffing Bloodletter arms onto some as proof of mutation/demonic possession.

Plaguebearers | 'Ard Boyz w/ Magnetized Bases as Orruks are on bigger bases. Pockmarks and Nurgle Iconography, rusted color scheme and pallid flesh.

Pink/Blue Horrors | Shoota Boyz w/ Warp Fire coming from some of the guns and tentacles/Iconography on some Boyz for mutations. Painted a soft Pink/Blue. Pink Horror units will have an AoS Greenskins Shaman as the Champion.

Brimstone Horrors | 40k Grots, two per base, with some greenstuff flames and an appropriate paint scheme.

Demonettes | Slugga Boyz w/ Slaanesh Iconography and mutated rending claws from the Demonette kit. Painted a soft purple/pink mix.

Lesser Heroes (Heralds)

Nurgle Herald | Ironjawz Megaboss or Warboss w/ Mega Armor. I think this gives a bulkier look and lets me go with a rusted/rot scheme to show the allegiance.

Khorne Herald | Nobz with the same scheme and modifications as the "Bloodletters". I'll likely try to find a sword or axe for them.

Slaanesh Herald | Not sure about this one yet.

Tzeentch Herald | Grot Shamans either on foot, on a floating piece of scrap (Disc), or a floating buggy/vehicle (Chariot). Seems like an appropriately Orky/Demonic blend.

Demon Prince | Converted Ogre models with appropriate weaponry and paint scheme. Unsure on this due to sizing.

This is all I have so far, obviously there are other units like Cavalry and so on but I'm not getting too far into those. I want to concentrate on the Rank and File / Heroes as that's the bulk of most armies. I have some loose ideas for Screamers, Crushers, and a few other things but that's a good Phase 2.

So my questions are, how could I improve on my plans for this project? My goal is to keep things 70% Orky, 30% Demonic. I'd like mutations to be the exceptions that are interesting points to the army and not have everyone look like a Possessed/Chosen.

Would you have issues playing against this army as planned with everything clearly labeled? Anyone who sees me post around knows that I'm a competitive player and that means keeping things as WYSIWYG as I can to prevent problems. That's why I'm hoping to do a lot of this through painting and minor conversions instead of having an unrecognizable horde.

Thanks to anyone with some feedback for me!

Archived