Let's chat : Slaanesh

Arkiham

On 10/17/2017 at 6:03 PM, Edgecoc said:

With Slaanesh, the only real advantage is the speed. So you gotta use it, no one expects knights to be across the board in one movement phase. Especially playing Seekers of Slaanesh with the extra 4" if you charge. The Lord of Chaos' ability is best used with knights I find.

Ugh, I don't want to have to buy Knights (again) or anything that lingers of WoC.  I like the pure daemons.  Are Knights that good?  out of non daemon slaanesh units, what about chosen?  or warriors?  I guess they lack speed?  

I thought I read with a Slaanesh Manticore, Knights and the Bravery ability there were options for bravery shenanigans?  

The speed was pretty stupid in 7th ed 40k.  You had chariots moving 40" a turn.  Once you did that generally your opponent was so unhinged you won by him making mistakes more than you making good tactical moves (which paired just meant a massacre).

But thanks for the tips, much appreciated :)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Ugh, I don't want to have to buy Knights (again) or anything that lingers of WoC.  I like the pure daemons.  Are Knights that good?  out of non daemon slaanesh units, what about chosen?  or warriors?  I guess they lack speed?  

I thought I read with a Slaanesh Manticore, Knights and the Bravery ability there were options for bravery shenanigans?  

The speed was pretty stupid in 7th ed 40k.  You had chariots moving 40" a turn.  Once you did that generally your opponent was so unhinged you won by him making mistakes more than you making good tactical moves (which paired just meant a massacre).

But thanks for the tips, much appreciated :)

It doesn't have to be knights, warriors can move around pretty well too.  Daemons are even faster. Seekers can be wherever they need to be in a turn.

5 hours ago, BootyKnight said:

So I was checking out the Exalted Greater Demon of Slaanesh on both warscroll builder and the azyr app, both show that you can't take command traits & artifacts on her? 500pts and no command traits & artifacts is a bit meh imo. 

That IS strange.... too bad. But if you take her, make her one of the generals and shadow with hell striders for the -1 to hit. You can still take command traits and artifacts with the other generals. She DOES have her command ability, after all.

7 hours ago, Tasman said:

That IS strange.... too bad. But if you take her, make her one of the generals and shadow with hell striders for the -1 to hit. You can still take command traits and artifacts with the other generals. She DOES have her command ability, after all.

Looking it over again I think it still might work well I just got a bit excited over being able to have that extra staying power on the field. 

13 hours ago, Squirrelmaster said:

Nothing in the printed rules prevents her from having artifacts & command abilities.

13 hours ago, Edgecoc said:

Squirrelmaster is right. Not even Nasty Nate could stop you from giving them artefacts or traits.

Well the FW pitched battle profile has her as a Unique (Only one model of this unit can be included in a Pitched Battle army) unit, and none of the other Unique units are able to carry artifacts & command abilities (almost all are named characters aside from the Exalted Daemons of K/N/S/T). So maybe the app is just following the precedent set by the other Unique units?

19 minutes ago, BootyKnight said:

Well the FW pitched battle profile has her as a Unique (Only one model of this unit can be included in a Pitched Battle army) unit, and none of the other Unique units are able to carry artifacts & command abilities (almost all are named characters aside from the Exalted Daemons of K/N/S/T). So maybe the app is just following the precedent set by the other Unique units?

Doesn't mean anything really, only named characters have been banned from taking stuff. 

They aren't really unique anyway. There's 8 khorne exhalted greater daemons for instance 

39 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Doesn't mean anything really, only named characters have been banned from taking stuff. 

They aren't really unique anyway. There's 8 khorne exhalted greater daemons for instance 

Gotcha. Does GW do FAQs for FW stuff or does FW do that? Hope they release something on this as the points really are a bit too high without traits & artifacts. 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:22 PM, Edgecoc said:

It doesn't have to be knights, warriors can move around pretty well too.  Daemons are even faster. Seekers can be wherever they need to be in a turn.

I have a buddy giving me 10 Chaos Knights.

Along with a Manticore Lord, maybe the -2 Bravery ability and Cruel and Sadistic I'm going to try bravery bombs.

46 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I have a buddy giving me 10 Chaos Knights.

Along with a Manticore Lord, maybe the -2 Bravery ability and Cruel and Sadistic I'm going to try bravery bombs.

Yeah, I have been meaning to try that. Hordes or tough units will drop to that combo. Just have to survive getting hit back.

3 hours ago, Edgecoc said:

Yeah, I have been meaning to try that. Hordes or tough units will drop to that combo. Just have to survive getting hit back.

That's why I think the Knights (Mystic shield) could work.  You could technically toss in Hellstriders as well I guess?  I usually pair those with Fiends though.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:53 AM, Edgecoc said:

I do have hell striders as well. A 3+ save and 5+ for mortal wounds is a solid tank, add -1 to hit even better. I try to get them on my opponent’s objectives and park them there.

I have 5 converted Hellstriders but I think I will convert my Glade Riders which have been written out of the game into Hellstriders as well as a Cult of Slaanesh feel.  I want to run 2 x 5 cause I feel Hellstriders really add value.  

8 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I have 5 converted Hellstriders but I think I will convert my Glade Riders which have been written out of the game into Hellstriders as well as a Cult of Slaanesh feel.  I want to run 2 x 5 cause I feel Hellstriders really add value.  

I’m doing something similar with my cold ones and dark elf bits.

Archived