GKoZD or VLoZD?

LJ26

Niether is my general and I have 440 pts to spare in a list, just using him as a heavy hitter with the cloak on. The 40 pt difference doesn't matter either as I'm at 1960 with the ghoul king. Which is better in your opinion?

The GKs ZD is flat out better than the VL ZD. It has more and more potent attacks (ranged and melee), and regenerates wounds every round. As such, I think it wins out as a pure combat platform. However the VL has a much better command ability, and the GKs unique spell only effects FEC units (though that does include himself).

On 2/18/2017 at 5:04 AM, AverageBoss said:

The GKs ZD is flat out better than the VL ZD. It has more and more potent attacks (ranged and melee), and regenerates wounds every round. As such, I think it wins out as a pure combat platform. However the VL has a much better command ability, and the GKs unique spell only effects FEC units (though that does include himself).

I have to disagree. The VL with shield has a 3+ armor save. And the vampire hits harder on than the ghoul king, though the dragon is worse.

I think they are quite even in my opinion. But yeah it all depends on if you have FEC dudes on the board with you or just other things.

12 minutes ago, Nightgaunt said:

Forgive the noobiness of these questions. Does the summon courtier ability mean you have to buy what you're summoning? How effective is the tomb blade on either one of these fellows?

1. Yes, you have to pay for all new units in matched play. (IMHO FeQ needs better CA, like on compendium AGK)

2. Tomb blade works on ONE melee weapon (non-mount).  GKoZD is 1" 5, 3/3, -1, 1  VLoZD 1" 3, 3/3, -1, 2(3 on charge) or 1" 4 3/3, -1,D3

This gives the Vamp slightly more benefit from TB as he is more killy, but damage will swing more (more chance to miss due to less attacks, but higher potential due to higher damage, esp if lance charge).  Both would heal more attacking poor save, low wound units (like skinks and zombies). A VLoZD with Redfury/lance/tomb blade, can make for impressive healing on the charge. But this is situational, as you need to be wounded or have other wounded multi wound death unit in 6", and attacking units that die easy, or it is wasted. Also you ALWAYS miss all 3 attacks when you charge 10 skinks when your wounded because dice hate you (personal story).

These guys are very good candidates if you want to use TB. The other high damage profile leaders are either slow, unique, or more vulnerable to getting killed too fast to heal.

Archived