Blood Warrior with Goreglaive: Can I field one in a 5 men group?

Ogait-Nas

Question

Hi, 

This may be a silly question for many of you, but I'm doubtful. The Blood Warriors warscroll reads: A unit of Blood Warriors has 5 or more models. Some units of Blood Warriors take to the battlefield with a Goreaxe in each hand, while others prefer to use a single Goreaxe so that the can also carry a Gorefist. 1 in every 10 models may instead be armed with a Goreglaive. 

So, if I deploy a 5 men squad, can one of them be armed with a Goreglaive? I don't know if the limitation is there to avoid people including more than 1 per 10 models, to force you field 10 models before you get a Goreglaive, or both things at the same time. 

Thank you, and Merry Christmas :)

6 answers to this question

Sorry for the "necro" :)

I was looking for an answer, found this thread, so first of all: thanks!

Further question: what about AoS Skirmish? or Hinterlands? Do a warband still need to have 9 Blood Warriors to be able to include a Goreglaive armed one?
In case, this would be true for every unit, isn't it? (i.e. in "regular" AoS this is not usually an issue as the minimum unit size is also the quanty of members needed to field "one every x" weapons. Blood Warriors being an exception).

30 minutes ago, gabbi said:

Sorry for the "necro" :)

I was looking for an answer, found this thread, so first of all: thanks!

Further question: what about AoS Skirmish? or Hinterlands? Do a warband still need to have 9 Blood Warriors to be able to include a Goreglaive armed one?
In case, this would be true for every unit, isn't it? (i.e. in "regular" AoS this is not usually an issue as the minimum unit size is also the quanty of members needed to field "one every x" weapons. Blood Warriors being an exception).

You use the Warscroll rules for special weapons, so if (in the case of Blood Warriors) the rule is "1 in every 10 models may instead be armed with a Goreglaive", you need to have a total of ten Blood Warriors in your warband in order to do it.

As memory serves, they act as separate units "in game" but for warband selection they're a single unit.  This would apply to any warscroll too, so you'd need ten Arkanaut Company before you can add any special weapons - but could then have three special weapons.

Archived